(Kickstarter) Shadow Gangs: 80's ninja arcade action revival

This section contains Dreamcast related news articles and topics.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Poll: Do you like the look of Dan the hero of Shadow Gangs

Yes, keep him as he is
66%
He look better in long Jeans (like Cody in final fight)
34%
Total votes: 29

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Re: (Kickstarter) Shadow Gangs: 80's ninja arcade action revival

Post#71 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:18 pm

shadowgangs wrote:
DR TEAMCAST wrote:Well what might certainly drive up excitement is considering 2-4 player online co-op (or versus battle?) with a crazy insane difficulty just for said 2-4 player coop. Perhaps voice chat also

It's just an idea. But keep up the cool work

Thank you.
2 player offline and online coop might be interesting, something like in bad dudes.
I was wondering about it but if it is to be implemented, it will be after the single player that is the real game is done completed.
So more an addition than being part of the design.

4 players I don't think it's feasible. 4 players on the same screen won't be compatible with this type of game.

Glad to see your not giving up- drip feed info about shadow gangs to the Dreamcast community well in advance next time and build hype and awareness- same for pc etc. Hopefully the next kickstarter campaign will be a success.

shadowgangs
Doom

Post#72 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:51 pm

Wrath of Khan wrote:Glad to see your not giving up- drip feed info about shadow gangs to the Dreamcast community well in advance next time and build hype and awareness- same for pc etc. Hopefully the next kickstarter campaign will be a success.

Thanks Adrian.
It might take some time to get there, at worst another year but hopefully the game will have a bigger coverage by then.

DR TEAMCAST
Uber

Post#73 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:47 am

I've made a short/sweet post about Shadow Gangs on Dreampipe. But this board gets a lot more traffic. Dreampipe is meant to be accessed on Dreamcast

http://dreampipe.net/category/home/
ImageImage
Forum for Dreamcast and Saturn browsers http://bb.dreampipe.net
Media, News, Events and more for your Sega Dreamcast internet browser at http://dreampipe.net

shadowgangs
Doom

Post#74 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:30 pm

DR TEAMCAST wrote:I've made a short/sweet post about Shadow Gangs on Dreampipe. But this board gets a lot more traffic. Dreampipe is meant to be accessed on Dreamcast

http://dreampipe.net/category/home/

This is cool! Thank you!

shadowgangs
Doom

Post#75 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:36 am

Hi Everyone;

The Shadow Gangs kickstarter is in it's final hours, and I would like to let anyone who is interested but hesitated for some reasons about the enhancements and changes that the full version will have:

-If the graphic style is an issue, there will be filters available to add scanlines or any other full screen shader effects that are available already for emulators like Mame, Winuae etc...

-Also concerning the graphics, all the characters will be drawn by the same artist who did Dan and the ninajs, this will ensure coherent art and of higher quality.

-The animations frames will be double or tripled in some animation types (dying animation and others).

-A lot of special effects will be added, some using shaders or with added shaders. Blood, bullet trails, better bullet effects, hit effets, smoke etc...these will make the screen busier.

-If you didn't like the game because of lack of diversity, there will be a lot more interactions, Dan will have an inventory to store sepcial weapons and sepcial attacks (magic), there will be elements of search, recovering money, freeying all types of hostages, some elements of adventure/exploration too like using the ninja double jump to get to secret areas.

-The ninja form will allow Dan to take one hit without dying (but will cause him to revert to his fighter form). Also the ninja form will be available at about 10 to 15% of the level start.
This will put the difficult a lot down.

-And many many more enhancements and fixes. A full list is in the Kickstarter page.

I would like also to ask you to actually play the current demo, to get a real feel of the game and see it actually on your screen not just on videos.

Bellow is the new Dan as ninja which is being done now by the sprite artist, and the first frames of the attack drone.

Also, if the game succeeds the Kickstarter, all backers without exceptions will get regular milestone builds.

Many thanks!

shadowgangs
Doom

Post#76 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:17 pm

Hi everyone;

I didn't post any update from the time of the Kickstarter end, but I would to let you know that Shadow Gangs development is ongoing.

The scope of the game, and the quality is also getting a big lift, with many improvements and enhancements.

Also, now it will be more an action/adventure, with many secrets to find/items to use, than a pure action game.

Dreamcast of course always a release target.

Above is the mission 4 boss (actual in-game sprite), more info and updates on the website.

krssn
Metallic

Post#77 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:30 pm

Freddie Mercury... :lol:

KGRAMR
undertow

Post#78 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:56 pm

I'm glad to see the game is not dead,wish you the best of luck in your project.
Now You're Playing with Power
Do The Math
Genesis Does What Nintendon't

everynewday84
Nemesis

Post#79 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:58 pm

I dont mean to be dismissive, but I cringe when I see these types of games being sold. There are a myriad of applications that will build 2d platformer games for you. Point, click, and drag. Simple as that.

Its time the bar is raised to an acceptable level.
This is a message to you:
Do what you love; Love what you do.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#80 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:31 am

everynewday84 wrote:I dont mean to be dismissive, but I cringe when I see these types of games being sold. There are a myriad of applications that will build 2d platformer games for you. Point, click, and drag. Simple as that.

Its time the bar is raised to an acceptable level.

Yeah, that was pretty dismissive.