herp, anyone see that 'debate' last night?

Discuss anything not covered in the sections above here.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Poll: Anyone see that 'debate' last night?

Yes
43%
No
43%
I'm a bot
14%
Total votes: 7

scaryred24
Sunday Shootout

Re: herp, anyone see that 'debate' last night?

Post#11 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:46 pm

Please guys no need to start a flamewar.
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $2623 ($699 with sales)
  • Games owned: 250
  • Games played: 146 (58%)
  • Hours on record: 1,948.2h

http://www.speedtest.net/result/7087109286Image

everynewday84
Nemesis

Post#12 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:48 pm

TacT wrote:ts "off topic" threads like this all over that make it harder for people to find useful dreamcast information and get in the way of actually playing the games.

How is that even true? the search function performs just the same. Advanced search options are your friend.
TacT wrote:things like this that make lots of people including myself Not want to come to this forum anymore...

Perhaps we should just remove the off-topic section?
This is a message to you:
Do what you love; Love what you do.

scaryred24
Sunday Shootout

Post#13 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:51 pm

everynewday84 wrote:Perhaps we should just remove the off-topic section?

There is some common sense and unwritten rules when you go to a forum like this. Politics is just one of them that we really should be allowed to post about there. I mean if we abuse it then yeah it might go away like the Rumor and Speculation sub forum that this place used to have.

everynewday84
Nemesis

Post#14 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:54 pm

scaryred24 wrote:Image

Please guys no need to start a flamewar.

This is not a flamewar. Shheesh, what do you talk about when you're gaming-- me, its politics

I mean, what else is there to talk about? Its relevant too. Seriously. We, north american folks, need to start anticipating, depending on the outcome of this race, whether we will need to begin shopping for NTSCJ or PAL games and hardware. We will become the new refugees of the world

See, gaming discussion. ;)

scaryred24 wrote:Politics is just [something] that we really should be allowed to post about there.

(i assume you meant to say we should not be discussing politics... )
Impulse, if you feel this is the case. Please remove this thread and implement the rule.
The intention was to have satirical discussion with familiar gamers and get to know them a little better. :arrow:
Last edited by everynewday84 on Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

krssn
Metallic

Post#15 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:23 pm

TacT wrote:Why you chose here of all places to post about it just doesn't make any sense.

I didn't. I just responded to it.

TacT wrote:Where is the ignore button?

You are the ignore button. It's that simple.

TacT wrote:things like this that make lots of people including myself Not want to come to this forum anymore...

Come on man, one thread about politics and you're already talking like this?...

I think you're overreacting a little.

scaryred24
Sunday Shootout

Post#16 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:29 pm

krssn wrote:

Come on man, one thread about politics and you're already talking like this?...

I think you're overreacting a little.

This is why I originally responded to this by getting us to just stop. Honestly if we are going to have politic talk in a gaming community, we are going to have a bad time. I really don't want to see you guys breaking down on something that is quite possibly the most controversial moment in US history.

everynewday84
Nemesis

Post#17 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:33 pm

scaryred24 wrote:if we are going to have politic talk in a gaming community, we are going to have a bad time.

Its all in good fun. If this is not allowed, lets discontinue.

scaryred24 wrote:the most controversial moment in US history.

Its right up there with the rest of 'em.

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#18 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:25 pm

I steer clear of these debates and will keep my opinion to myself.

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Post#19 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:50 pm

As far as I know we do not have any rules about posting about politics here. If there is something that you do not like about a topic you do not have to post in it or read any of the postings. It is pretty easy to skip a thread and the search box does indeed work to find topics. I do not plan to speak to much on this election as I feel that it is fucked up. I will how ever tie it into a gaming analogy that John Oliver made on Sunday.
John Oliver wrote:I’ll put it this way: if American democracy is a computer game, and Hillary is completing women’s 100-year quest to get to the Oval Office, it kind of makes sense that this would be the final boss.
pictures attached explains what he is talking about or you can watch the video it is at the end 4:20 into it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RNBJFLU7Oc
Attachments
Clinton.jpg
Trump.jpg

scaryred24
Sunday Shootout

Post#20 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:14 pm

Gary_b wrote:As far as I know we do not have any rules about posting about politics here. If there is something that you do not like about a topic you do not have to post in it or read any of the postings. It is pretty easy to skip a thread and the search box does indeed work to find topics. I do not plan to speak to much on this election as I feel that it is fucked up. I will how ever tie it into a gaming analogy that John Oliver made on Sunday.
John Oliver wrote:I’ll put it this way: if American democracy is a computer game, and Hillary is completing women’s 100-year quest to get to the Oval Office, it kind of makes sense that this would be the final boss.
pictures attached explains what he is talking about or you can watch the video it is at the end 4:20 into it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RNBJFLU7Oc

I do understand where you are coming from but after Wikileaks showed off what happened with the Hillary commision and John Oliver it does grind my gears that people can still quotes his phrases.