Does Anyone Know a Link How to Make a Screwdriver 4 Game Boy

Talk about any Nintendo Consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

alvin777
photon blast

Does Anyone Know a Link How to Make a Screwdriver 4 Game Boy

Post#1 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:57 am

Hi. It's hard to find the screwdriver to open an original Game Boy or GBC cartridge. If there's a link that shows you how to make one that's durable like metal (I've seen the ballpen one but it might not last being plastic). Thank you in advance. God bless. Rev. 21:4

krssn
Metallic

Re: Does Anyone Know a Link How to Make a Screwdriver 4 Game

Post#2 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:44 pm

Just search 'triwing' on eBay. They cost just a few bucks, even with shipping...

الله أكبر

alvin777
photon blast

Post#3 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:16 pm

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I already have the triwing screwdriver for the Game Boy console itself but I don't have the one to open the game cartridges.

krssn
Metallic

Post#4 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:43 am

Ah, my bad. Search for 'Nintendo security bits' or 'Nintendo gamebits' instead. You'll need the 3.8mm version for the cartridges, but I suggest you buy both the 3.8mm and 4.5mm versions at once. Always handy to have both of them at hand -you never know when you might need to open a console with the 4.5mm one- and it's cheaper than buying them separately...

Go for the hardened steel versions if you can. They might be a little more expensive, but they won't wear down quite as fast and will turn out cheaper in the end. Also look for the ones with a long shaft, as some consoles have their screws burried deep in the console. You won't reach them with the short bits....