How Do You Know A Gamecube If It's the US or Japanese Version

Talk about any Nintendo Consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

alvin777
photon blast

How Do You Know A Gamecube If It's the US or Japanese Version

Post#1 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:05 pm

Hi. I'm trying to buy a Gamecube online, there's no way for the seller to test coz' there's no power and av cable. Is there some kind of version, a marking like in SP it has AGS-101 and AGS-100 to know that one of those is the backlit screen? Thank you.

God bless, Rev. 21:4

scaryred24
Sunday Shootout

Re: How Do You Know A Gamecube If It's the US or Japanese Version

Post#2 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:05 pm

There is one variant of the Gamecube as fair I can remember. However there were two revision of the same model, one with a digital av slot and one without. Also Gamecubes are built very well so most likely it will work after some minor adjustments and a through cleanup. I've also seen a Gamecube with a faulty laser assembly get tossed into a bathtub for 10 minutes and loosened up some crap in the CD drive, dried for 4 hours, and runs like brand new.
But anyways the point is there isn't many warning stickers on the Japanese variant, and is very simple with the identification sticker nothing too cluttered. Other than that, ask the person for a clearer picture if it's identification sticker that is embedded or slapped onto the console and do some research.
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $2623 ($699 with sales)
  • Games owned: 250
  • Games played: 146 (58%)
  • Hours on record: 1,948.2h

http://www.speedtest.net/result/7087109286Image