[ Gameboy Player Palette ] How Do You Change?

Talk about any Nintendo Consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

alvin777
photon blast

[ Gameboy Player Palette ] How Do You Change?

Post#1 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:13 pm

Hi. With the Game Boy Player, if I wanted Kirby Dreamland 2 to appear as it appeared on the Gameboy DMG (sort of greenish gray hue) on a PC CRT monitor (using tolerable VGA box- composite to VGA), what keys are pressed on Gamecube controller to change to that palette like you would with a changing the palette on a normal Game Boy Color? By the way, which is the official spelling: Game Boy or Gameboy, one word? Or did they separate the two words at some point?

Thank you. God bless, Philippians 2:13

krssn
Metallic

Re: [ Gameboy Player Palette ] How Do You Change?

Post#2 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:46 pm

You do realize this is still a Dreamcast forum right?...

Unless your goal is to change the demographics of this site.

This isn't Europe you know... :lol:

Vulgtlagln Cthulhu !

alvin777
photon blast

Post#3 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:03 am

Hi yes I'm very much into Dreamcast too (I have 6 of them, 3 working, 3 for mod:-) got a sealed US Shenmue and other sealed DC peripherals) but it's nice other consoles can be conveniently inquired upon in one site while we wait for Shenmue 3 and Shenmue 1 & 2 Remake. Peace:-) Have a great day.

God bless. Rev. 21:4

[ Though sometimes I imagine, I dream/strongly desire: nothing in my room uncluttered with just the bed, a white japanese PC-Engine with a complete set of Hucard games only (I guess japanese games only but then that's faster to collect and complete), 2 white controllers (for 1 more- a gorgeous love of a lifetime, she may be into otaku including cosplay), a good monitor, good box to output AV booster to LCD monitor, a gadgets switcher (for gadgets to share between two Mac monitors), a Mac, all placed on a glass & aluminum table with maybe a powerful no case style PC attached side of the table (no more cooling problems) with a nice gamepad like Xbox Elite or similar, a nice wheel controller coz' sometimes after finishing GTA you just want to drive around obeying traffic rules and VR Goggles ]

scaryred24
Sunday Shootout

Post#4 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:51 pm

You are kind of up my alley on what you want to do in the future. But anyways you would have better luck with a Super Gameboy than a Gameboy Player to achieve what you want. You can change the individual plate color of older Gameboy, namely the four greyscale values that would display on screen.
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $2623 ($699 with sales)
  • Games owned: 250
  • Games played: 146 (58%)
  • Hours on record: 1,948.2h

http://www.speedtest.net/result/7087109286Image

streeker
fragger

Post#5 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:40 pm

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/system ... change.jsp
Those are the only twelve options you have on a GBA as well as on the Game Boy Player.

alvin777
photon blast

Post#6 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:00 am

Hi. I guess that would be the gray combo. I wish they'd kept that look. I would exchange that for the other 9 colors (save for game's default on 4 colors and gray) for that somehow cool yellow green hue without doing this for PC VGA:

http://longhornengineer.com/category/pr ... mg-01-vga/

Thanks again. God bless. Philippians 2:13

alvin777
photon blast

Post#7 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:56 pm

Hi. There's just something about those Hucards and the compactness of the japanese PC-Engine:-) (the controllers aren't the best looking though) when you're done with the other retro system (donate to Church or sell perhaps then donate part of proceeds) without looking too simple like the usual rectangle boxes now (Dreamcast unit has a nice looking, not too simple compact unit too and not as ergonomic good looking controller- with the VMU has that mech, cool Mazinger Z feel).

Thanks again for the help:-).

God bless, Rev. 21:4

[I hope if someone invests in Sega, NEC or SNK gives them a second chance to create their next gen hardware, the cartridge would be a thicker Hucard (not Atari thick, but the same credit card height/width, maybe wider would nice coz' it displays the game art large enough) but will use durable custom affordable OEM flashdrive which doubles as game's memory card up 1GB to 128GB developer chosen but will use contactless way to power (induction) transmit data (a new radio tech that's faster and reliable than bluetooth) so there' no more cleaning the contacts for both cartridge and system with magnetized game slot (but free to download after auto registering the game online if you have d physical game w/ ) but the console is also the controller, like a thicker PSP or as thick as folded 3DS (fits in the left front pocket or school bag) with at least 67% more power than PS4, push/pushup to flatten/to rise analog sticks, all buttons are dual analog/digital buttons/dpads wifi with 5.7" 3D Multitouch LCD for gaming on the go and/or menu/health bar/map when not on the go it hooks to a multiple headed very long cable (USB for charging which can be hooked up to USB equipped TVs,VGA, HDMI, DVI, S-video/composite for developing nations) connects to the tv/monitor).

The console's power is scalable up to a point (but a point that's extreme) via game company's render farms when online so when you go home it's streamed wirelessly (like Nvidia) and part of the unit connected to the monitor/tv could do more textures, effects and resolution up to many 5k monitors and VR/3D TV so that games (like HD Ocarina could be in finally be on the big screen and in 3D) if wifi's ON rendered by the company's servers; when wifi off, graphics still looks better than a PS4 all for the price of $USD 199. Basic model's downside is non-wireless but there can be a pre-order niche power box option wherein the power you have already is added for maximum power/all it's glory (better graphics, resolution, 3DTV and VR much like streaming consoles or external GPUs if one wants it locally rendered); box has the wireless capabilities for the console-controller/Wii U like but powerful (compatible with company's former wireless peripherals). It's backwards compatible with all the company's games + other company's games (via download store & niche add on for company's former disk based consoles & flashdrive cartridge) & former wireless peripherals (to game wirelessly with console from afar) . Both default console and niche power box will have shallow engraved logos & company's motto all over to save on plastic & weight too. Extra players at home buy another controller only with the screen but with significantly lesser electronics just to drive the LCD mostly for games needing the LCD, no slot. The tethered console drives things, the other controllers are only just its dependents but if they are the same default console-controller, the power from that is added streaming to the main tethered console (in the future when bandwidth's faster, cheaper & more robust, main console can be untethered) along with online renderer. If there are four of the default console, it's as powerful as the niche power box.

I think Nintendo NX will be something like this without the Hucard sized like cartridge- they'll probably use something smaller but significantly bigger than a 3DS's cartridge/SDCard to differentiate with that console. NX probably won't have virtual buttons too like that seen in patents. 3DS is probably it's last mobile console with a setup like this coz of iPhone & Android. Sony might fight back by doing something similar + phones capabilities but all games it had are compatible ]