Wow...found a v1 or 1.1 with OG dashboard...I has a question

Talk about Xbox Consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

oopsmyseamandied
MegaDeath

Wow...found a v1 or 1.1 with OG dashboard...I has a question

Post#1 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:45 pm

Man I need some help here. The unit isn't loading so I can't answer this myself yet.

"Kernel" and "Dashboard" are both 1.00.4034.01. I couldn't believe it when I checked the system info. That's pretty darn early. Between Xbox Live updates and modding, aren't these dashboards all but extinct?

My big question: Is this early enough to play PDO and JSRF in 480p? Newer versions won't do it.

I'm psyched. I only paid 12 bucks for it at Savers, so a repair will be done on this no matter what. Kind of excited to know though!

oopsmyseamandied
MegaDeath

Re: Wow...found a v1 or 1.1 with OG dashboard...I has a ques

Post#2 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:44 pm

Looks like it will struggle to play some titles, so I bought a NIP Thomson drive. Keeping my fingers crossed!

oopsmyseamandied
MegaDeath

Post#3 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:50 pm

Just a follow-up. It took several drives before I got one that didn't arrive dead.

Wow...it all works.

This Xbox is now primarily a PDO-only machine. So I'm thinking of getting a skin for it so I don't ever accidentally update the dashboard. It's from a thrift store so the shell is beat to hell anyway.

Found some dragon-ey ones but this one is pretty slick:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Xbox-Classic-sk ... 2c5925df7c

Dark Chi Warrior
rebel

Post#4 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:40 pm

That's cool, I actually took my original xbox apart years ago and painted it white. It turned out ok as I also smoothed the case by removing all those ugly "louvers" from the top and sides. Anyway, just be careful as some of the newer Xbox games update your dash to the newest version before you play them as the dash update is on the disc. The Thompson drive is the worst drive to have in an xbox BTW as it reads poorly and breaks easy. The Samsung drive is the way to go with an upgraded IDE cable. 8-)