Xbox 360 Power Supply (AKA 'The Brick')

Talk about Xbox Consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

madmax2069
drunken sailor

Re: Xbox 360 Power Supply (AKA 'The Brick')

Post#11 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:44 pm

elmagicochrisg wrote:
madmax2069 wrote:oh come on really, ever thought that he might not have the budget to buy a new system ?

Yeah, real smart of you to say that after he just said it... :roll:

I was actually trying to do him a favour since most non-slim models seem to ROD at one point or another, making every cent still spent on them eventually a waste of money. Doesn't even matter if you agree with me or not. That's just the thought that was behind my post...

I don't even have one myself for the moment. I'm waiting for a cheap secondhand one to pop up somewhere. Meanwhile I have my Dreamcast, SNES and a whole other array of retro consoles to keep me busy...

Yeah i edited my post, i would have said it regardless. Just don't assume someone has the money to go out and buy something that costs this much. That's probably why he was asking for help in finding a PSU replacement in the first place.

Even if his system developed a RRoD there is always a way to fix it (not talking about the towel fix either). My friend is still using his second gen 360, it has RRoD once already (about 1.5 years ago). he took it apart and bought a RRoD repair kit and its still working, not saying it wont RRoD again but when it does you can just fix it again.

There has been tricks to lessen and prevent the impact of the thermal runaway (which causes the RRoD to happen in the first place).

one such method is as simple as using the Play n charge kit to keep the fans on when you turn off the system. this method alone completely eliminates the thermal runaway.

one method is to keep your system flat and raise it off of what its sitting on about a inch to keep heat from building up on the bottom of the unit (standing it on its end partially blocks off air from one of its major air intakes and causes the system to run hotter).

Keep the system out in the open and not inside of a case that will recirculate trapped hot air and limit ventilation.
Last edited by madmax2069 on Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

elmagicochrisg
Metallic

Post#12 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:59 pm

Give it a rest now, will ya?...
Come, bow before your King!... Bow ya shits!...

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new and sealed)

madmax2069
drunken sailor

Post#13 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:05 pm

elmagicochrisg wrote:Give it a rest now, will ya?...

Really dude ? I think your the one that needs to give it a rest, you didnt have to post anything about it in the first place seeing how you do not even own a 360 to be commenting about it.

elmagicochrisg
Metallic

Post#14 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:18 pm

madmax2069 wrote:
elmagicochrisg wrote:Give it a rest now, will ya?...

Really dude ? I think your the one that needs to give it a rest, you didnt have to post anything about it in the first place seeing how you do not even own a 360 to be commenting about it.

I had 3 of them. They all RROD'd on me. The fuck you talking about?...

Like I said, give it a rest.

I know I will...
Come, bow before your King!... Bow ya shits!...

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new and sealed)