/vomit

#1phoenixsunsfan
Sunday Shootout

Re: Sony Downsizes By 90%

Post#52 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:41 pm

MrSega wrote:
djvectorman wrote:I can't see image comrade ^

Neither can I.

I think that if people would stop assuming that "Orbi" is a new console and read for themselves that its SEGA becoming a bigger company, they'd probably be more excited it is prospects.

How can people read what it is just from 1 or 2 peoples blogs of which many patents are had which can be assumed to be anything or many things ? Where is Sega official statements on all of this ?

But why would Orbi being a new division of Sega even matter ? Why was this even brought up in this thread ?

(Yes rumor went from ringedge is orbit = orbi, to orbi = Sega new name, to orbi = new console/tablet rumors, to orbi is a new division and it;ll make a new console because Sega also re bought old patent along with a million new ones).

As for a media format, according to what ORBI describes, they're planning their OWN media format as well and has dozens of NON GAMING related investments planned.

It would seem that SEGA is coming back with reenforcements.

What did that have to do with this Sony discussion ?

Also where is a google link I can read this outstanding 2012 Sega net worth you speak of ? I want documents or links to official places, not personal blogs.

Last I read Sammy who owns Sega were laying Sega people off back in March. How can they be doing as good as Nintendo with only releasing a few games a year ?

What still leads the market Wii then 360 then ps3 ?

Or back on topic, where are the Sony losses you spoke of documented ?
Last edited by #1phoenixsunsfan on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrSega

Post#53 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:54 pm

@djvectorman. To point out how the tables have turned. That SEGA is now in Black and Sony is Red.

Plus to point out possibilities of SEGA succeding in new markets.

Also, ORBI isn't a name change. Kabushiki Kaisha SEGA will still be the sole licensor,shareholder & brand holder of all ORBI properties. Which is why it was filed under their name.

#1phoenixsunsfan
Sunday Shootout

Post#54 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:59 pm

Ok, but can I see documents on some of the questions I asked above ?

MrSega

Post#55 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:32 pm

djvectorman wrote:Ok, but can I see documents on some of the questions I asked above ?

1. SEGASammy's finanicials can easily be sought out on their own website. I rounded out the Yen value and stock value to come up those figures.

2. SEGA shuttered their 3rd party software publishing only division earlier this year. It's the smallest brand of SegaSammy. Worth only $2 billion. After shuttering, they posted a $200 million operating loss. SEGA owns almost a dozen different brands. Their core brand has always been Arcade machines. Which has a $5 billion net worth with $9 billion in assets.

Sammy's net is also $5 billion. The SEGA TOYS division is also $4 billion in net worth. SEGA also owns the Anime studio TMS, a Hong Kong AM Division, a Amusement park called "Joyopolis" bringing in $2 billion in assets. They also have capital in Dubai another $1 billion. The Sanrio brand another $2 billion with plenty of Japanese market capital.

And then there's Sega Networks, a $5 billion investment into a global digital media market.

In 2009, SEGA made $4.5 billion, 2010 $5 billion. 2011, $4.6 billion. With more revenue, SEGA could earn $6 or 7 Billion. Totalling $12 billion in 4 years, giving them an $8 billion dollar market cap. Factor in only making digital games costing only thousands instead of $50 million, that would give SEGA $5 billion in R&D budget for game hardware. A console would cost $800 million, a tablet console would be only $300 million.

The investors probably loaned SEGA $10 billion for new markets.

The mobile market has extreme pontential to outgrow console gaming.

It is my belief that there are 22 million SEGA hardware fans in the world. SEGA would do just fine with them alone.

everynewday84
Nemesis

Post#56 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:41 pm

1) why round?

2)shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

#1phoenixsunsfan
Sunday Shootout

Post#57 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:49 pm

1)

http://www.segasammy.co.jp/english/pr/business/

???

Where ?

2 )

It is my belief that there are 22 million SEGA hardware fans in the world. SEGA would do just fine with them alone.

Why are they making a tablet or console ?

MrSega

Post#58 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:50 am

djvectorman wrote:1)

http://www.segasammy.co.jp/english/pr/business/

???

Where ?

2 )

Why are they making a tablet or console ?

In March 2011, SEGA filed a tablet trademark "KIDS PAD" under their Sega Toys division.
They also issued a "Computer Tablet" patent last month.
ORBI describes "Handheld game units, Handheld Game Apparatus"

Why? I guess because the tablet market is so small and has lots of untapped potential. Anyone can do it if they tried. Hell if Amazon can do it, so can SEGA!

everynewday84
Nemesis

Post#59 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:52 am

BrianC wrote:/vomit

If only this worked
This is a message to you:
Do what you love; Love what you do.

MrSega

Post#60 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:55 am

everynewday84 wrote: