Netlink Patches

Talk about Sega's other Consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

SEGA RPG FAN
Developer

Netlink Patches

Post#1 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:09 pm

I plan on creating some patches for the in-game browsers for the Netlink games. This first one is a real quick and dirty Sega Rally patch. If you click on Netlink Zone it now connects you to a working IRC channel instead of trying to reach a website. You'll need a bin/cue image of the original game and a PPF patcher program (like http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/356/). Enjoy.
Attachments
SEGARALLY_CHAMPIONSHIP.zip
(13.5 KiB) Downloaded 384 times
PSO Dreamcast 100% Legit: Eda FOmarl, Automaton HUcast

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Re: Netlink Patches

Post#2 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:24 pm

Made a custom browser for sega rally, much in early stages but somewhat resembles this
netlinkpage.png

NETLINK.zip
(2.29 MiB) Downloaded 421 times

SEGA RPG FAN
Developer

Post#3 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:41 pm

Nice, I'll see if I can incorporate that. I'll have to read up on patching programs since that will end up in some restructuring of the disc image. I don't know where I'd upload the whole disc to if I can't create a patch. I just did a quick hex edit for the one above, so making a patch was easy and small.
PSO Dreamcast 100% Legit: Eda FOmarl, Automaton HUcast

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#4 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:50 pm

yeah maybe someday down the road but for now just swapping the url is good

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#5 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:32 pm

Maybe to make the process easier we could make a custom saturn game manager cd from rockin b http://www.rockin-b.de/saturn-savegamemanager.html and put a custom bookmark file in their with IRC built in so we wouldn't have to patch games. Spent a few hours trying to compile it but with no success
PWBROWSERBK.zip
(309 Bytes) Downloaded 424 times

Return to “Sega Other”