Good Saturn games that dont break the bank?

Talk about Sega's other Consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Egregore
core

Good Saturn games that dont break the bank?

Post by Egregore »

What are some good Saturn games that aren't too expensive? They can be from any region, USA, Japan, or Europe.
everynewday84
Nemesis
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO, Quake 3

Re: Good Saturn games that dont break the bank?

Post by everynewday84 »

Castlevania Dracula X is the #1 Saturn game I recommend. Complete, it will run you around $50 USD. Which I think is well worth it; they just don't make games this good anymore ;)
This is a message to you:
Do what you love; Love what you do.
radtastic89
MegaDeath

Post by radtastic89 »

Radiant Silver Gun.

Metal Slug - $20 USD if your lucky
Rayman - $30 - $40 USD
Space Harrier - $30 USD (This is the best port of this game.
sega does what nintendon't

Alec1382
Vagabond
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Quake 3 Arena, Phantasy Star Online V2

Post by Alec1382 »

I've heard unanimous praise towards NiGHTS. I'm about to buy it myself. Still though, a bit pricey. Expect to pay about $30-40 for the "not for resale" version, which comes in a standard jewel case. If you want the longbox though, it'll be quite a bit more.
Egregore
core

Post by Egregore »

I just bought the not for resale version of NiGHTS at a local store a few days ago. Along with a CIB copy of tomb raider and a CIB japanese copy of Virtua Fighter Kids. total price of all the items was about 26 USD!
rooster
photon blast

Post by rooster »

Why not go with Fighters Megamix? It's the best fighting game on Saturn in my opinion.. and not too expensive. Virtua Cop 2 was a decent port, and overlooked compared to VC1. I've also heard great things about Powerslave, but haven't tried it. None of these are 'collectors gems' and shouldn't be over 25$ or so.
jalvarez82
MicroMidget

Post by jalvarez82 »

You can still get the awesome Dariius Gaiden for cheap.
elmagicochrisg
Metallic
Dreamcast Games you play Online: None for the moment I'm afraid... lol

Post by elmagicochrisg »

radtastic89 wrote:Space Harrier - $30 USD (This is the best port of this game.

Come, bow before your King!... Bow ya shits!...

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new and sealed)
BrianC
Dreamcast Swirl

Post by BrianC »

Hey guys! I just dug my Saturn out of its storage coffin its resided in for about 10 years. I know just how sad that is, I was a young kid at the time enamored with the promise of 3d gaming and the fanboyism of the Playstation. Playing these games again has overwhelmed me with nostalgia so I just want to give my recommendations based off the small (about 7 games) library I have. And for the record, this baby is never leaving my desk again.

Robotica - an incredibly cheap game that was not showered with praise by gamers or reviewers alike. Too bad everyone who disagrees with my opinion on the game is a moron. It kicks ass! Its basically a Doom style FPS complete with weapon upgrades, randomized maps, cool sub-objectives that pop up every now and then, and then some. It holds up very well for fans of the genre and I was surprised by how well the controller handled this style of game.

NiGHTs - Love love love it and you guys probably know enough about it already so do yourself a favor if you haven't already and picked it up.

Clockwork Knights 2 - Incredible 2d action/platformer with a lot of heart, soul and secret shit. Kind of hearkens back to Vectorman with all of its hidden goodies.

Panzer Dragoon - See NiGHTs ^^

Sonic 3d Blast - An imperfect game that can frustrate the hell out of you, but when it works, its a blast.
Alec1382
Vagabond
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Quake 3 Arena, Phantasy Star Online V2

Post by Alec1382 »

BrianC wrote:Sonic 3d Blast - An imperfect game that can frustrate the hell out of you, but when it works, its a blast.

I don't get where the hate for 3D Blast comes from. I think it's consistently fantastic. The platforming sections can be a little irritating, but they're not so bad, and they're not all that common anyway.

Robotica looks interesting. I might have to find a copy.