Best Virtua Fighter game ?

Talk about Sega's other Consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

androiddreamcast
dirty sailor

Best Virtua Fighter game ?

Post#1 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:54 pm

What do you guys think the best virtua fighter game is , I've never played any of the games in the series and would like to get into it

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Re: Best Virtua Fighter game ?

Post#2 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:25 pm

The only one you should avoid is VF1 on the Saturn, which is known to be buggy. Both VF Remix on the Saturn and VF1 on the 32X are better than that one, but I hear VF2 on the Saturn is way better than 1 ever was.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#3 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:14 pm

androiddreamcast wrote:What do you guys think the best virtua fighter game is , I've never played any of the games in the series and would like to get into it

2, 4, Evolution, and 5 Ver.C are my personal favorites. Keep in mind I've never had the opportunity to play Final Tuned or 5R, as these 2 entry updates never made it to a home platform.

If you are new to the series I would highly recommend starting out with 4: Evolution, as this particular entry has perhaps the most robust training and tutorial modes ever conceived for a fighting game.
It's STILL Thinking Dreamcast Channel

The ReviveDC Project blog; reviews for our releases and news

FinedrivE
dirty sailor

Post#4 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:19 pm

I Liked 2 and Kids the Best for Saturn. Fighters Megamix was better than both those though.

4 Evolution is great, I didn't care for 1 at all unless I was in the arcade. Oddly enough the Genesis version is a really good 2D fighter but they should have just made it a new property as opposed to a VF game.

3TB is only just OK. At the time it was an epic jump forward though.
Currently sucking at: The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Road Rash II and Pirates! Gold

Searching for EGG, SFA3, and ANY GENESIS/CD/32X games.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#5 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:44 pm

Most VF fans will say, it's the first 3 VF games. And I don't blame them.
I like VF2, VF3, but VF4 is really cool too.
Last edited by beanboy on Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cloofoofoo
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#6 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:42 pm

I felt like vf 3 was the best. The uneven terrain added alot to the game. Vf 4 while faster feels more like a combo fest , and going back to flat terrains took away some of the more unpredictable parts of the fight. I remember am2 did a interview of vf5 and they talked partly of vf4 and mentioned how they removed the inverse kinetics on the character and kept it soley for the draping clothing. If you look at the way they fall in vf 4 its less dynamic than vf 3.

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#7 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:08 pm

4 years ago I would have said.. the first one...

beanboy
Wazza

Post#8 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:14 pm

Yeah. Ditching the uneven terrain stages, was always a bad idea.
They should have kept it in the later games, and have a wide selection/mix of flat stages, and stages with uneven terrain to choose from. Doing that, would have given the game, more variety stage wise and keep matches interesting too.

NeoSnk
Outtrigger

Post#9 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:48 am

2 and 4!
For tutorials and homebrews access Titan Game Studios: https://titangamestudioscom.wordpress.com/
For interviews and gameplay support me on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/@NaiAdventure/featured

beanboy
Wazza

Post#10 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:55 pm

Yeah.
Strangely, I like VF4 more than VF4 Evo.