VectorMan movie?!

Post#1 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:50 pm

"Sonic was never good, and if you disagree, you can call the cops."

-Some plebs at IGN

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Re: VectorMan movie?!

Post#2 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:07 pm

No idea. Surely a cgi sonic movie would make some money. Kids would love it and it's technicolour world is perfectly suited to the medium. I'm surprised that it has not happened, yet.

lastcallgames
Vagabond

Post#3 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:25 pm

Aren't they making a Sonic movie? Anyway given that Vectorman hasn't had a game since that article came out, I'm pretty sure it died in Hollywood hell.

krssn
Metallic

Post#4 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:13 pm

lastcallgames wrote:Anyway given that Vectorman hasn't had a game since that article came out, I'm pretty sure it died in Hollywood hell.

I asked Alex Kidd to say hi to him from me... :P

Charlton
Anarki

Post#5 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:23 pm

VECTORMAN MOVIE WOULD HAVE MY MONEY!

hudsthinking1999
Feet of Fury

Post#6 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:41 pm

@Wrath of Khan: I am surprised, too. Well, there was that direct-to-video movie, but that doesn't count. A Sonic movie would totally have my money.

@lastcallgames: Well, yeah, but the last bit of news about that movie was released in early 2014. I had the same feelings to that as Adam Koralik had to the Retro VGS; in case you haven't seen it, the optimistic side said "Hell yeah! This sounds awesome!", but the realistic side said "Well, it sounds cool, but it may not happen". And I think my realistic side would be right.

@krssn: Kewl! :)

@Charlton: Mine, too.
"Sonic was never good, and if you disagree, you can call the cops."

-Some plebs at IGN

lastcallgames
Vagabond

Post#7 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:23 pm

Oh don't get me wrong, I'd love something Vectorman, Vectorman was awesome. But realistically video game movies either end up in development hell (like Halo) or turn out like crap (most every other one), plus Sega doesn't remember they have made any Vectorman games since Sonic's UGC came out.

androiddreamcast
dirty sailor

Post#8 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:01 pm

A vectorman movie would have been interesting I bet sega sold the rights to disney so they could make WALL-E (LOL) and if WALL-E was a hit then a vectorman movie done right could have been a even bigger hit back in the 90s but oh well

scaryred24
Sunday Shootout

Post#9 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:06 am

You know like 90% of video game movies don't ever get brought up again after the initial press right.
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $2623 ($699 with sales)
  • Games owned: 250
  • Games played: 146 (58%)
  • Hours on record: 1,948.2h

http://www.speedtest.net/result/7087109286Image

FinedrivE
dirty sailor

Post#10 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:14 pm

I would have liked to see that. Back then Vectorman was the only reason I still turned on my Genesis. Well that and Bloodlines. They really missed the mark with him though. There should have been a Saturn and Dreamcast sequel. I had Scud: The Disposable Assassin for the Saturn and remembered thinking "They should have brought us Vectorman 3 instead". There was a lack of great first party follow ups on that system. That would have kept interest in the property. Hell Vectorman could have been pulling cameos in Smash Brothers and in the olympics and shit with Sonic and Mario.
Currently sucking at: The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Road Rash II and Pirates! Gold

Searching for EGG, SFA3, and ANY GENESIS/CD/32X games.

Return to “Sega Other”