Dreamcast-Talk 3.0 New Website Info

Website Updates and Support for Dc Talk will be posted here.
Also post your feedback and suggestions for the site.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

segata sanshiro
Cracked LCD

Re: Dreamcast-Talk 3.0 New Website Info

Post#21 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:32 am

Impulse wrote:I sort of know what you mean, the font is pretty stylistic and sometimes hard to see. It was a middle ground for me between ugliness and legibility lol Maybe this is something I can tweak a little.

I like it as it is, the problem is that i dont use mobile devices to browse the web, instead i'm doing it on a 1920X1080 monitor and the fonts get really small and with low contrast against the background at default size. So i just zoom the page to 150% and it looks good.

FinedrivE
dirty sailor

Post#22 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:42 am

The new layout and the index on the side are extremely helpful. I'm on my laptop now and its even more impressive. I'm digging the background graphic as well.
Currently sucking at: The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Road Rash II and Pirates! Gold

Searching for EGG, SFA3, and ANY GENESIS/CD/32X games.

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#23 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:34 am

If it's not too much trouble, is it still possible to install subsilver2 or one of the other standard phpBB themes on this forum, or does the new software not allow it? The forum still says phpBB at the bottom, so I'm hoping multiple themes are possible.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

Impulse
Admin

Post#24 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:20 pm

Aleron Ives wrote:If it's not too much trouble, is it still possible to install subsilver2 or one of the other standard phpBB themes on this forum, or does the new software not allow it? The forum still says phpBB at the bottom, so I'm hoping multiple themes are possible.

Yeah I could enable "vanilla" prosilver. That's what this style is based on. It will be missing a lot of the functions this style has but would still work for basic posting and such. I'll let you know when I get that implemented.
-Impulse

Impulse
Admin

Post#25 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:42 am

So, here's an update regarding all the new features the site offers.

"Welcome to the new Dreamcast Talk website! I'm calling the new design "Blue Burst" as it was inspired by PSO and the PAL Dreamcast aesthetic. The talented: BWT designed our new logo and background.

I'm very glad to see all the positive feedback regarding the looks and function of the site. Thank you guys, i'm glad you like it!

Now that the website has been live for about a week and mostly finished I'd like to give an overview of the new features.

1. Responsive web design that looks great on any device be it phone, tablet, or PC. (still have not tested Dreamcast functionality)
  2. phpbb 3.1 Update (includes some neat things like notifications, see upper right menu)
  3. Chat moved to the top of the index page (chat may be upgraded in the future to include more features) index.php
  4. Recent topics function added to index page
  5. News Portal (includes articles and a calendar/clock which may be used for scheduling events in the future) app.php/portal
  6. Similar topics are now displayed at the end of every topic page
  7. New navigation bar that sticks to the top of the page.
  8. Topic preview (hover your mouse over a topic title and it will show the first post in a pop up)
  9. Coming soon - a mobile phone app that will send notifications from the chat to your device. This will be useful for organizing and communicating for online game meets

I understand the text and colors may be hard on the eyes of some and I plan on implementing a "lite style" that you may switch to if you wish. The board style can be changed on this page: ucp.php?i=165

One more thing that is long overdue is my comprehensive online setup guide for the Dreamcast. This will help consolidate all the sticky topics on the online section. This will also be featured on the website to help new users get the info they need.

Thanks for reading and look out for more cool things soon :) "
-Impulse

o.pwuaioc
shadow

Post#26 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:20 pm

I tried changing to Lite Style, but all I get when I do is an error message: "The timezone you selected is invalid." I didn't touch the timezone settings, though.

Impulse
Admin

Post#27 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:51 am

o.pwuaioc wrote:I tried changing to Lite Style, but all I get when I do is an error message: "The timezone you selected is invalid." I didn't touch the timezone settings, though.

That's a bizarre error and it's happening for me too. I'll try to get this fixed asap. Thanks for letting me know!
-Impulse

Impulse
Admin

Post#28 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:12 am

Here's a small workaround until I get this fixed. Follow this link anytime you want to use the Lite Style: index.php?style=20

I know it stinks but this time zone bug appears to be caused by the chat room and I haven't figure out why yet :(
-Impulse

scaryred24
Sunday Shootout

Post#29 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:01 am

I would like to report that the link for the Lan Modem Connection Guide under the guide bar on the top of this website doesn't reflect the current URL and brings me to the web hosting service stating that the site is currently unavailable. That should be updated to it's post-TOS termination status.
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $2623 ($699 with sales)
  • Games owned: 250
  • Games played: 146 (58%)
  • Hours on record: 1,948.2h

http://www.speedtest.net/result/7087109286Image

Wombat
Vagabond

Post#30 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:07 am

Small server snafu, http://dreamcast-talk.com is not configured to show the website, only http://www.dreamcast-talk.com results in the website.