New to the D.C. - going all out!

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
KillerQ
shadow

New to the D.C. - going all out!

Post#1 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:32 pm

Hey All,

I knew NOTHING about the Dreamcast before this week. I've always wondered about it, as I was 21 when it was released. Having an obsession with Arcade games lately, I realized that the D.C. Is one of the systems that best replicated an arcade feel.

As with all hobbies, I research it to death and then go all out. Since buying my Dreamcast 4 days ago, I've modded the LED, added a new rechargeable battery, bought 4 controllers, 4 VMU's, 4 Jumpacks, as the fishing rod accessory.

As far as the video goes, I wanted the best possible replication of the system on my 60" Samsung LED tv (I am passing on playing on a CRT for the time being).

As a result, just purchased a Hanzo VGA box and a Atlona HD-500.

I'm ready!

IMG_5312.JPG
IMG_5342.PNG
IMG_5342.PNG (44.64 KiB) Viewed 5612 times
IMG_5405.JPG
IMG_5400.JPG
IMG_5399.JPG
IMG_5395.JPG
IMG_5393.JPG
IMG_5382.JPG
Last edited by KillerQ on Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

hawkzer0
dirty sailor

Re: New to the D.C. - going all out!

Post#2 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:08 pm

cool! get a dreampi yet? also dont forget a mouse and keyboard!
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#3 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:20 pm

Welcome to the forum. Nice job modding your box! Hopefully you will enjoy your time here. This is a very active community so we will try our best to help you with questions you may have.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

KillerQ
shadow

Post#4 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:35 pm

hawkzer0 wrote:cool! get a dreampi yet? also dont forget a mouse and keyboard!

Thanks.

I really don't have an interest in online play, so I haven't messed with Dreampi yet.

KillerQ
shadow

Post#5 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:36 pm

Bob Dobbs wrote:Welcome to the forum. Nice job modding your box! Hopefully you will enjoy your time here. This is a very active community so we will try our best to help you with questions you may have.

Thanks!

KillerQ
shadow

Post#6 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:08 pm

....now, if I could just find someone selling a new or used Hanzo box here in the United States..... lol

Xiden
Developer

Post#7 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:17 pm

Akura hdmi box ftw :)

KillerQ
shadow

Post#8 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:25 pm

Xiden wrote:Akura hdmi box ftw :)

For sure - but I still want to use it with my Atlona HD-500, so the Hanzo is perfect for me.

OGDCFAN99
Arabian Night

Post#9 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:35 pm

Welcome.

And I thought I was the only one with the Atlona HD500! Its an amazing scaler(should work great with your 60" samsung), very overbuilt, and the price has gone down considerably since I purchased mine a few years ago. The HD500 will blow away the akura hdmi box which just passes 480p straight through not to mention you can set it on 480p if you so desire.

Very good choice of a setup indeed and good move getting all your controllers and equipment up front. I have to say though.. if you do get into it and start collecting/accumulating games, you'll find yourself buying more and more VMU's. Luckily they are cheap.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#10 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:40 pm

Atlona is Adam Koralik approved...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zosZPMWQ_ZQ
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Return to “Lounge”