Looking for people interessted in Hombrew Game Dev

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Nold
Developer

Looking for people interessted in Hombrew Game Dev

Post#1 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:58 am

Hi,

I really would like to get into homebrew game programming and so I'm looking for people who might want to team up to start a cool project. I don't really care about the console.. I love my Gamecube, DC & DS. :)

For the style of the game I would prefer a platformer like gunlord/metroid or an RPG like Shadowrun (SNES) or something cyberpunk'ish...

Now to my skills: I'm mostly a Linux-Guy, not much a Programmer.. But I'm used to code a lot, so I can get into any devkit quite fast. I also like to work with music, so I guess I could get into music making for consoles, too. The thing I'm really good at is running Servers - so an online game would be no problem xD ...

Anyway.. do you guys have any advice where I could look for people who might be interested?

BlueCrab
Developer

Re: Looking for people interessted in Hombrew Game Dev

Post#2 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:02 am

You might try looking over on the DCEmulation forums. More active (English-speaking) developers seem to hang out over there than most places on the 'net, I find. Plus, the Programming forum over there has a lot of good information on Dreamcast coding.