PSO Flash Memory / Reload Question

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Sega1Dream
Donated

PSO Flash Memory / Reload Question

Post#1 » Sat May 06, 2017 11:44 pm

Hello Dreamcast Community,

I am having issues every so often, where after I play PSO the game won't save. Only option I have is to not save the file, and when I try to play, I get the "reload" error. Luckily, someone told me about saving my character to the server and I have been successful in getting the character back, but it's a hassle, since I have to create a new one to gain access again.

I have been thinking about clearing my Dreamcast memory, and starting fresh with just the PSOv2 key only (currently has v1 to v2 upgrade saved). The question I have, is that if I clear the memory and start fresh, will I be able to load my character off the server? Or will the server recognize my system as a new one and not know what to reload? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, as I have grown weary of beating Forrest to Ruins, just to start over again when the save file has issues.

Thanks!

Strik3r91
letterbomb

Re: PSO Flash Memory / Reload Question

Post#2 » Sun May 07, 2017 6:41 am

Im not sure if server will be able to restore, but i recommend you to clear your flash on the console if you have this kind of prob. And create new char save file
From love, with Russia :)

Sega1Dream
Donated

Post#3 » Sun May 07, 2017 11:21 am

:cry: I'm not ready to restart a new character. All my hard work.

Sega1Dream
Donated

Post#4 » Mon May 08, 2017 9:11 pm

Okay,

I decided to "man up" and clear the Dreamcast memory, with hopes that my character would reload. And... Whew, it did! Luckily, the character I started with, was off that serial key that I inputted. The Dreamcast should now only have that one key, and not cause issues between v1 and v2 key. Hopefully now, I can play without save issues. Here's to keeping my fingers crossed.

Strik3r91
letterbomb

Post#5 » Tue May 09, 2017 4:36 am

Good news! Enjoy PSO man!
From love, with Russia :)