Two Dreamcast on one DreamPi

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Sega1Dream
Donated

Two Dreamcast on one DreamPi

Post#1 » Sat May 20, 2017 1:05 pm

I am fairly certain the answer is no, but through I would ask anyways.

I just purchased a second Dreamcast for the house, and wanted to know if I could have two Dreamcast feed of one DreamPi. I figure I have to get another dell modem, but would the DreamPi direct traffic according if two Dreamcast were playing at the same time?

Figured this would save $50 on having to buy another Raspberry Pi.

Thanks guys!

Saiga GeneCast
dark night

Re: Two Dreamcast on one DreamPi

Post#2 » Sat May 20, 2017 1:37 pm

Hmmmm, this is certainly a very interesting concept.
Wish I could try it out myself, but I don't have the cash to buy another modem right now.
All I can say is, if you have the resources try it out.
:)

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#3 » Sat May 20, 2017 1:40 pm

i dont think it works..

i dont think 2 DC each on their own Pi works either...

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#4 » Sat May 20, 2017 2:38 pm

you can get a telephone spliter so two jacks come out the modem so you can plug two phone cables into the one modem. Iv done this with my dreamcast and saturn and seem to work good

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#5 » Sat May 20, 2017 2:40 pm

Much like one of these
tel.jpg

Sega1Dream
Donated

Post#6 » Sat May 20, 2017 8:08 pm

The phone splitter would only allow one system to connect at a time. I wanted the ability to have both systems online at the same time.

I have had a friend over with his Dreamcast and DreamPi on my wireless network and we connected fine at the same time. We both were playing PSO, so since it was the same server, it may not have been a big deal.

Xiden
Developer

Post#7 » Sat May 20, 2017 9:12 pm

Two dc''s wouldnt be able to share 1 pi due to how the software is written