Another unreleased game found

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Raen
Toy Commander

Another unreleased game found

Post#1 » Mon May 22, 2017 12:29 pm

Green Ranger
killer

Re: Another unreleased game found

Post#2 » Tue May 23, 2017 1:22 am

The owner of the disc has yet to get this up and running, so no telling how complete the game is on disc. Looking at the PC footage though, the game has an entertaining concept and I'd love to try it out on my Dreamcast. :lol:

With any luck it's a full game that we'll have playable access to. Only time will tell..

Raen
Toy Commander

Post#3 » Tue May 23, 2017 10:31 am

Hey Green Ranger, how are the guys from dcforums.co.uk?

Yes, only time will tell, but every unreleased (and in this case, previously unknown) game that comes up is always great news. Let's wait and see if it has at least a few playable levels like Toejam & Earl. Chances are, since the game was released on PC, it is a straight port using Windows CE, hopefully complete. Let's hope it's one of those cases where the games got shelved because of the news of Sega pulling the plug on the Dreamcast.

OGDCFAN99
Arabian Night

Post#4 » Tue May 23, 2017 1:02 pm

The guy needs a System Disc 2 in order to read the disc let alone rip the contents from it. He's probably not going to want to spend an exorbitant amount of money to buy a System Disc 2 so someone from the community will have to trust him enough to "let him borrow one". Or on the flip side he'll have to let someone that owns a System Disc 2 borrow the Deer Avenger GDR.

Either way there would have to be a lot of trust involved. Right? Or maybe he doesn't end up working something out and says fuck it and puts it up on Ebay.

Hopefully it comes through, gets released and is as great as Millennium Racer which I have been playing non stop!

Green Ranger
killer

Post#5 » Wed May 24, 2017 9:34 pm

Raen wrote:Hey Green Ranger, how are the guys from dcforums.co.uk?

As far as I know the guys at DCF are good, the forum's quiet but still alive and kicking. :)

OGDCFAN99
Arabian Night

Post#6 » Tue May 30, 2017 1:00 pm

Looks like I was right but I guess it went without saying.

http://www.thedreamcastjunkyard.co.uk/2 ... .html#more

The guy does in fact needs a system disc 2, He's trying to raise $1,000 to buy it and an SD reader because he wont let anyone in the community with the equipment and know-how release it for him. I knew he'd try to capitalize off of it :roll:

DreamcastUK
brutal

Post#7 » Tue May 30, 2017 1:10 pm

I threw away a whole host of these discs many years ago. The one that I remember most was Red Dog 2.

Wish I didn't throw them now as you guys prob could of restored them.
Online Games: PSO | Quake III Arena | Toy Racer | 4x4 Evo | Starlancer | Planet Ring | Maximum Pool

ItsMuchMore
Founder & Lead Editor

The Dreamcast Junkyard
YouTube Editor

OGDCFAN99
Arabian Night

Post#8 » Tue May 30, 2017 1:38 pm

fml

Raen
Toy Commander

Post#9 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:49 pm

It could be that he is just trying to dump the disc, since he may not feel comfortable by lending it to others. After dumped, he could always send the dump to the right people that could optimize the game and make a self-boot disc.

Looks like the game is also being discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=10378