love video games but bad at them

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
ncman071
Sunday Shootout

love video games but bad at them

Post#1 » Mon May 29, 2017 8:25 pm

i was playing pso today and realized just how bad i am at that game. that got me to thinking...i'm really not all that great at any video game...in fact im prettybad in a lot of cases...q3 for instance....wow i suck....i remember growing up i was decent at certain games ...mostly sports titles..nba jam, madden 94, etc...

but as i have grown up my love for gaming and especially retro gaming has not decipated...in fact i love gaming and collecting for old and new systems...but i am not a great player ....

anyway...those are my thoughts for the day

Xiden
Developer

Re: love video games but bad at them

Post#2 » Mon May 29, 2017 9:23 pm

Just takes lots of practice my friend :)

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#3 » Mon May 29, 2017 9:31 pm

oh no doubt it takes practice...the problem i guess is time...once you have kids...its hard to find time for gaming....i usully play when they Are sleeping unless i am too exhausted

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#4 » Tue May 30, 2017 3:04 am

I hear ya, man! I too only play when I can thus my odd times online. This means that I do not read a damn thing, I just boot and play. I understand that others have free time to read and master things, but I have never had that time. PSO is the oddest of all because in less than a year, I've learned more about the game than the previous 15 years.

I'd forget about the Q3 thing because if you do not have a BBA, most likely you will be target practice for the others. I was watching a Q3 video this weekend where the player was experiencing online speed difficulties as his connection was the worst by far of the other three players. There were so many times that the players were never where they were on his screen as he was not able to play in real time. Most Q3 players are using Pi's vs. those who have the Turbo (aka BBA) in which it is difficult to expect a player to play again when all you ever do is struggle just to die over and over again.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#5 » Tue May 30, 2017 1:42 pm

Same here. Unfortunately I've been way to busy lately. But when Im onl8ne 8 usually get beat down pretty bad. Lol. But it is still fun.

I hardly ever play ps3/ps4 anymore and I let my Xbox live expire a while ago also.

I wish I had more time.

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#6 » Tue May 30, 2017 6:09 pm

Yea ever since I got back online with the DC, its been such a nastalgic trip....but back in college when I was playing DC online on a regular basis I had time to practice and play basically every day between classes, after class, weekends, etc....its funny how I thought back then I was "busy" lol. But its fun and I guess thats all that matters.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#7 » Sat May 11, 2019 10:41 pm

ncman071 wrote:oh no doubt it takes practice...the problem i guess is time...once you have kids...its hard to find time for gaming....i usully play when they Are sleeping unless i am too exhausted

Kids are a game by themselves. A game, that is more difficult to master, than Virtua Fighter. :D