Sealed Dreamcast Games on eBay

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
sleasoup
shadow

Sealed Dreamcast Games on eBay

Post#1 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:58 pm

Hello Dreamcast-Talk community, I am new to forum and the Dreamcast so I hope to have a lot of fun here and collecting for the console! Sorry if this is in the wrong section, as I didn't think it was really technical support.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Typing-of-the-D ... SwCQZZM0Aw

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sega-Dreamcast- ... Swcu5UTtpW

I have the console but I do not have any games for it, but I will get some at my local store this weekend. Anyway, I keep seeing listings like this on eBay. They look real, but the price on PriceCharting for complete is 39.99, and that is not even new. Are these real? I know the Dreamcast can read burned games, so these types of things concern me. How would I know a game is not burned in the wild? Thanks for replying to this, if I get any.
Seaman jokes never get funny.

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Re: Sealed Dreamcast Games on eBay

Post#2 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:06 am

If you add in the nonsense import charges its about 30 dollars. Still could be a copy. They come shrink wrapped too-deceptive. Do an image comparison with the real deal.

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#3 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:06 am

20 bucks does seem insanely low for a factory sealed TotD on ebay...

sleasoup
shadow

Post#4 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:59 pm

That is what concerns me. John Hancock also says he looks for stickers on sealed games.

Wombat
Vagabond

Post#5 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:06 am

On eBay as a buyer you have really good protection against scams, so if these two games interest you I would go for it.

Back in '02~'04 these titles went for peanuts, and undoubtedly there is still a lot of new old stock of these titles out there.

sleasoup
shadow

Post#6 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:26 pm

I would have been going over it with a fine tooth comb if it was something like Giga Wing 2, but it is not like ToTD and Space Channel 5 only have 2000 copies in existence.

dark
Shark Patrol

Post#7 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:16 pm

Typically repros don't have manuals, only one page thick copies of the manual cover page, you might be able to tell whether there is a manual in the jewelcase in some photos. Also repros, when shrinkwrapped with a consumer machine and not in a factory don't tend to have Y folds on the shrinkwrap, that might help you have greater confidence in some items. And of course if there is any way to see the disc, perhaps because you wanted to open the sealed game to play it, you could tell in an instant whether the disc is an official GDrom or a CDr because of how different official GDroms look from other CDs and CDrs. Basically they all have that very noticeable wide circle toward the center hole

sleasoup
shadow

Post#8 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:20 pm

HuntrRose wrote:20 bucks does seem insanely low for a factory sealed TotD on ebay...

I messaged the guy about whether or not it was genuine, but he didn't answer until after the auction was over. He said it was real.

lastcallgames
Vagabond

Post#9 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:58 pm

I bought TotD because it was insanely cheap, and it looks real enough. I'll take some pictures of my copy. The manual was full and not just printed though.

Justme
rebel

Post#10 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:17 pm

There are actually sealed dreamcast games in the wild; usually it's the collectors that will have them or a forgetful person like myself packed them all away years ago and just recently re-discovered them lol.