Sonic Mania Dreamcast edition please.

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Wilco
lithium

Sonic Mania Dreamcast edition please.

Post#1 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:27 am

This may have already been covered in a topic but I just wanted to clear it up for myself, so sorry if this is a rehash, but Is there any way/any plans for Sonic Mania to be released for our beloved Dreamcast? My god, imagine how fun it would be to play it with a Dreamcast controller.
Kid With The Play

Roel
Developer

Re: Sonic Mania Dreamcast edition please.

Post#2 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:42 am

Wilco wrote:My god, imagine how fun it would be to play it with a Dreamcast controller.

Slightly more fun than a current-gen controller, but not as much fun as a 6-button Mega Drive or Saturn controller. ;)

krssn
Metallic

Post#3 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:46 am

Roel wrote:Saturn controller

Concave buttons for the win...

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#4 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:58 am

No way. It needs to have a Saturn port. Finally the Saturn will have a 2D Sonic game! :mrgreen:
"Fear the HUnewearl."

Wilco
lithium

Post#5 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:47 am

Aleron Ives wrote:No way. It needs to have a Saturn port. Finally the Saturn will have a 2D Sonic game! :mrgreen:

Damn, you win. That would be a much better port :D
Kid With The Play

Kurasiu
fire

Post#6 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:03 am

Well, The Man™ himself has spoken about this, so...

...anyone up to a challenge? :D

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#7 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:12 am

It's not like anybody can attempt it without the game's source code, and it's unlikely that Sega would give anybody other than CW permission to access it. It doesn't seem likely that Sega would give permission to do it, since the game could be pirated so easily and would sell so few copies compared to the releases for modern hardware, even if piracy were taken out of the equation. I'd surely buy a Dreamcast version of the game if a Saturn version never came to be, though, and a Dreamcast version, as unlikely as it might be, is surely a more realistic dream than a Saturn one.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

SomeGuyWithASega
photon blast

Post#8 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:15 pm

Wilco wrote:
Aleron Ives wrote:No way. It needs to have a Saturn port. Finally the Saturn will have a 2D Sonic game! :mrgreen:

Damn, you win. That would be a much better port :D

Meh, I'd prefer it to be on Dreamcast, since it's a more popular and well-remembered (and the fact that I don't have a Saturn). Nothing against the Saturn though, still a great system. :)

Drasgon
noob

Post#9 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:00 pm

Kurasiu wrote:Well, The Man™ himself has spoken about this, so...

...anyone up to a challenge? :D

Surely he was confused with Mega Drive.

gjb1985
drunken sailor

Post#10 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:11 am

I so hope this could happen.