Dreamcast-Talk members games list

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
#1phoenixsunsfan
Sunday Shootout

Re: Dreamcast-Talk members games list

Post#211 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:06 pm

From info I gathered, you can grab and drag out a ip.bin (ip0000) and readme file from any homebrew iso, and add the cd iso of primitive nightmare with those 2 to create a single sdiso. You need a special program. Everything is below.

Courtesy of Family Dog :

http://www.dcisozone.com/tutorial/1430/ ... shell.html

"You only need daemon tools if you have a .cdi file you need to get individual files out of (like the ip.bin or a roms folder if it's an emulator). If you have these files already like most homebrew games come, it's as simple copying all these files into Make_ISO/cd folder and then running makeiso and it should output to 'image.cdi' from memory. Then just copy to your SD card and away you go!"

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4858

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#212 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:08 pm

Yeah, I've tried to make SDISO files with SDISO Maker multiple times with no success. I follow the instructions perfectly and get no output. It even says the file was created but check the output folder and it's empty. I just gave up on it.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

#1phoenixsunsfan
Sunday Shootout

Post#213 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:23 pm

Yeah I hear you. I wish someone made a simple step by step English tutorial on various sd dc stuff. I know some stuff now about it, but not like others.

#1phoenixsunsfan
Sunday Shootout

Post#214 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:15 am

pcwzd13 are you playing Noiz2sa on Dreamshell RC1 or DS BBetas ?

For some reason Noiz2sa stopped being able to play on my DS RC1 and I even have controller 2 unplugged and reformatted sd and re put Noiz2sa on it.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#215 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:00 am

djvectorman wrote:pcwzd13 are you playing Noiz2sa on Dreamshell RC1 or DS BBetas ?

In my video I'm playing it on the beta. I will try it on RC1 and let you know if it works.
PSO Characters:

#1phoenixsunsfan
Sunday Shootout

Post#216 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:30 am

Ok thank you, I keep getting just a white screen after I select game.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#217 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:00 am

djvectorman wrote:Ok thank you, I keep getting just a white screen after I select game.

Just tested it and it appears you are correct. It doesn't work. Just a white screen. That really stinks! Hopefully it will be fixed in the next version.
PSO Characters:

#1phoenixsunsfan
Sunday Shootout

Post#218 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:38 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:
djvectorman wrote:Ok thank you, I keep getting just a white screen after I select game.

Just tested it and it appears you are correct. It doesn't work. Just a white screen.

Ok, thank you for taking the time to double check and answer pcwzd, appreciated.

That really stinks! Hopefully it will be fixed in the next version.

Agreed. It's a great smooth shooter. I found many games don't work with RC1 or freeze, that is why I wrote a RC1 tutorial in "tutorial pinned faq thread" here.

I'll update the post with more tests and get more specific then. Swat changed the info of RC1 different than Beta 3 and 4 that is why there is so much incapability and confusion, well that and sdiso uploaders don't specify what version of dreamshell will play a said game. It only says "this is a sdiso version of game that will work with your dreamshell and your sd card reader". But now we know Noiz2sa only works with Beta. Sonic as well.

I really don't want to pop in Beta cd for some games then Rc1 cd for others, it's bad enough if you have a 1gb sd card with 14 games and if you put a game in (like megadrive collection sdiso) you'll get the black screen of death for that game when the DS$ Help screen (black screen of death) pops up because game corrupts the other games, so once you restart the dreamcast no games might not work anymore just because of new game you put on tht messes something up (luckily Noiz2sa didn't do this though), so the sd card must be reformatted and you must put games you know worked on it, back on it. I had to do that like 25 times this week.

So now I'm only going to use rc1 cd, and create like 4 sd card volumes, the picture below is my sd card volume 1, yes that sucks too ha. The reason I just don't get a 8gb card is, is because I heard most don't work with rc1 and also if I put a corrupt game (megadrive collection) on it I don't want to keep reformatting the sd card and putting 50 games I knew worked before back on it, so I'll just test games, and the ones that work I'll fill up on sd cards.

Not sure if your interested, but here are my fav games or emu I play and I know for a fact work perfectly on rc1 OR if they freeze (kof97) I just turn my dreamcast off for 5 minutes and it'll work again. But here is my rc1 1gb sd card volume 1 :

Actually have 15 now, I added Final Fight Apocalypse, it's one of the rare sd card games with MUSIC. Also has smooth graphics and no slowdown, runs great.

#1phoenixsunsfan
Sunday Shootout

Post#219 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:29 am

Also Revolver doesn't work on rc1. It jumps around like crazy looking like it's 50 hz trying to play on my tv.

crazycast2
noob

Post#220 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:34 pm

Bangai-O
Cannon Spike
ChuChu Rocket
Coaster Works
Crazy Taxi
Crazy Taxi 2
D2
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX