Is selling Dreamcast hardware and games allowed?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Falco Girgis
Developer

Re: Is selling Dreamcast hardware and games allowed?

Post by Falco Girgis »

DCGX wrote:
Falco Girgis wrote:Thank you, that would be really awesome. I'm willing to pay a decent, fair price for it, but some of the auctions I see on Ebay in the $300+ range are just so expensive my wife would kill me.

My motives are pure here. I'm really just wanting to make damn sure that now that the Dreamcast is getting back online in the homebrew scene, that we aren't forgetting about this more obscure adapter, and that it's getting the testing and driver work it needs from someone autistic enough and far enough into developing with niche things to give it the love it needs. lmao

I've chatted with Kazade, the lead developer behind Driving Strikers, for example, and all he knows is it should work with the LAN adapter, but it has never once been tested, and if some problem was there, he wouldn't have the resources to debug with it... My intention was to keep it permanently on my second dev DC, so I can be keeping an eye on it and testing with it. I already need to have a second dev DC for testing (one is 16MB RAM, one is 32MB, one is GD-ROM + IDE, one is GDemu), and I felt like I could give more back to the community if I opted for the LAN adapter for it rather than a second BBA.

EDIT:
Btw, is the RPI3 online-ready? I'm not sure what all DreamPi entails and getting online with it, but that's something else I've been wanting to look into for modem testing a well.
Are your motives pure? Are you willing to finish Elysian Shadows and deliver it to Kickstarter backers?
Absolutely. That's why I'm back in the scene trying to give back. I've been bleeding for the Dreamcast community and scene lately working on all of the stuff for EVMU, KallistiOS contributions, Dreamcast.wiki guides, and will soon be returning back to the game and engine full-time. I'm trying to release my work open-source as I go so that I'm giving back value to the community and am making contributions to the scene even before the game is done.

I'm most likely also going to be releasing our engine and toolkit far before ES itself is done too. I poured my heart and soul into those, and I really think they would be a damn fine general development platform that would bring new games and developers to the scene. I just wish I had had the foresight to release my finished work as I went along rather than falling into depression and letting everything go to shit because the game was late and people were pissed off at me.

The truth is that I grew up in this scene. I learned to code just for Dreamcast. My very first sprite I ever drew was with the PVR and KOS, not some PC stuff with SDL or OpenGL. This scene and platform have made me the developer who I am today, and I missed being here and being a part of it more than I can even tell you.

Anyway, people have every right to be pissed off at me. Shit, I'm pissed off at me...but yeah, I'm back to atone for my sins, and my commitment to the DC and this scene has never been stronger.
DCGX
Vagabond

Post by DCGX »

Falco Girgis wrote:
DCGX wrote:
Falco Girgis wrote:Thank you, that would be really awesome. I'm willing to pay a decent, fair price for it, but some of the auctions I see on Ebay in the $300+ range are just so expensive my wife would kill me.

My motives are pure here. I'm really just wanting to make damn sure that now that the Dreamcast is getting back online in the homebrew scene, that we aren't forgetting about this more obscure adapter, and that it's getting the testing and driver work it needs from someone autistic enough and far enough into developing with niche things to give it the love it needs. lmao

I've chatted with Kazade, the lead developer behind Driving Strikers, for example, and all he knows is it should work with the LAN adapter, but it has never once been tested, and if some problem was there, he wouldn't have the resources to debug with it... My intention was to keep it permanently on my second dev DC, so I can be keeping an eye on it and testing with it. I already need to have a second dev DC for testing (one is 16MB RAM, one is 32MB, one is GD-ROM + IDE, one is GDemu), and I felt like I could give more back to the community if I opted for the LAN adapter for it rather than a second BBA.

EDIT:
Btw, is the RPI3 online-ready? I'm not sure what all DreamPi entails and getting online with it, but that's something else I've been wanting to look into for modem testing a well.
Are your motives pure? Are you willing to finish Elysian Shadows and deliver it to Kickstarter backers?
Absolutely. That's why I'm back in the scene trying to give back. I've been bleeding for the Dreamcast community and scene lately working on all of the stuff for EVMU, KallistiOS contributions, Dreamcast.wiki guides, and will soon be returning back to the game and engine full-time. I'm trying to release my work open-source as I go so that I'm giving back value to the community and am making contributions to the scene even before the game is done.

I'm most likely also going to be releasing our engine and toolkit far before ES itself is done too. I poured my heart and soul into those, and I really think they would be a damn fine general development platform that would bring new games and developers to the scene. I just wish I had had the foresight to release my finished work as I went along rather than falling into depression and letting everything go to shit because the game was late and people were pissed off at me.

The truth is that I grew up in this scene. I learned to code just for Dreamcast. My very first sprite I ever drew was with the PVR and KOS, not some PC stuff with SDL or OpenGL. This scene and platform have made me the developer who I am today, and I missed being here and being a part of it more than I can even tell you.

Anyway, people have every right to be pissed off at me. Shit, I'm pissed off at me...but yeah, I'm back to atone for my sins, and my commitment to the DC and this scene has never been stronger.
That's good to hear, but you'll forgive me if I don't believe any of it until us backers have our completed copies in hand.
Falco Girgis
Developer

Post by Falco Girgis »

You don't believe what, exactly? That I've been working my ass off for this scene and community over the last few months? Check the KallistiOS git commits. Check the github repos that are the portions of the Elysian Shadows tech stack that I've already open-sourced. Look at my contributions to Dreamcast.wiki for both Dreamcast and VMU development. Look at all of the work I've been doing with supporting developers with ElysianVMU. Ask just about any developer who is active within the scene and they will vouch for how busy I've been and the contributions I've been making.

Now do I fault you if you're just referring to not believing that I'll finish Elysian Shadows itself and fulfill the KS rewards? No, of course not. You have every right to reasonably doubt me there. But I don't believe it's reasonable to doubt my intentions or that I haven't been working extremely hard to atone for my sins.

Furthermore, my main role and contributions to the game were the engine and toolkit, which I bled for and are actually 90% done. We have MANY backer who were just interested in making their own DC games with our Toolkit. I intend to release them before the game itself, and I believe it would be extremely useful for the scene and bring lots of new homebrew possibilities with it.

Anyway, not trying to derail the topic or anything, but obviously you deserve a response and are entitled to having doubts about my ability to follow through with the KS....

Back on topic, though, how much for one of the complete DreamPis with the voltage inducer modems? lmao.
-drez01-
Tank Jr.
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Quake III Arena

Post by -drez01- »

:P
Falco Girgis
Developer

Post by Falco Girgis »

-drez01- wrote:Image
:P
DCGX
Vagabond

Post by DCGX »

Falco Girgis wrote: Now do I fault you if you're just referring to not believing that I'll finish Elysian Shadows itself and fulfill the KS rewards? No, of course not. You have every right to reasonably doubt me there. But I don't believe it's reasonable to doubt my intentions or that I haven't been working extremely hard to atone for my sins.

Anyway, not trying to derail the topic or anything, but obviously you deserve a response and are entitled to having doubts about my ability to follow through with the KS....
Yes I meant the game...
MagicBalloon
shadow
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Quake III, Daytona, Alien Front Online, Unreal Tournament (someday?)

Post by MagicBalloon »

TheTinWhisker wrote:I have a couple boxed Dreamcast's
Blue Hello Kitty Dreamcast set without box
Broadband adapter
Fishing controller
2 Light Guns
Densha De Go Controller
2 Different keyboard and mouse
Twin Sticks
Steering Wheel
ASCII Mission Stick
2 Dreameye web cams CIB
Arcade stick
Pop'n music controller
More than 100 Japan region games.
The list is long, so if anyone is looking for something specific ask and ill check.
I also have a Rasberry Pi 3 and modem for online play.
Are the Twin Sticks still available? I'm very interested.