I found a website where you still can upload, convert and download your Dreamcast saves directly to your VMUs...

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
joelos1111
shadow

I found a website where you still can upload, convert and download your Dreamcast saves directly to your VMUs...

Post by joelos1111 »

Hello guys, as the title says, i recently found a website where you can still upload, convert and download your saves directly into your VMU's using any of the dreamcast web browsers, the site belongs to our beloved "Speud" who has created a lot of very useful tools in the past like for example"Dream Explorer" but sadly for an unknown reason he just dissapeared from the public eye hence he has pretty much abandoned all of his projects, programs including his website (you can still access to it via the Wayback machine). I hope that someone would be able to get in touch with him soon and let him know that he has a lot of people who admire and supports all the good work he's done for the improvement of the Dreamcast community. Anyway, at least Speud's conversion page is still up and running but there's a problem with the code of the page that needs to be updated by him, i mean the only conversion that is right now working 100% fine is when you upload .DCI saves and then the page will convert them to .VMI and .VMS formats, then you go to your preferred Dreamcast web Browser (i recommend XDP) enter the complete url and the file will download directly to any of your VMU, this is a very useful tool at least for me given that i'm an Android user who uses the Flycast Emulator to play the games and i have no PC whatsoever in order to transfer the saves, i know there's a .cdi file from "El Bucanero" which has a lot of saves but he still missed to put a lot of good saves there. The other conversion that appears there which is from a .VMI or .VMS formats to .DCI sadly is NOT WORKING at all, as i said hopefully Speud reappear and fix that error he has on his page. Anywho, for those of you who are interested to upload, convert and download their own saves here is the link for Speud's page:

https://bswirl.kitsunet.org/dci_converter/

Also here i attached a 7 zip file with thousands of Saves which are basically the same but dedicated specifically for each Region (USA, EUROPE and JAPAN) that i found on an old website
Attachments
Dreamcast Saves.7z
Dreamcast Saves for Each Region
(7.18 MiB) Downloaded 15 times

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Errythan except Tetris o.0

Re: I found a website where you still can upload, convert and download your Dreamcast saves directly to your VMUs...

Post by mistamontiel »

I was trying there forever ago for Millennium Racer save, DCI vs VMS vs VMI still throws me off

I think it was all races cleared but maybe nothing to unlock @ all?

Spleet
minority
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Worms World Party, Quake 3, 4x4 Evo, Chu Chu Rocket, StarLancer, POD SpeedZone, Bomberman Online*

Re: I found a website where you still can upload, convert and download your Dreamcast saves directly to your VMUs...

Post by Spleet »

mistamontiel wrote:I was trying there forever ago for Millennium Racer save, DCI vs VMS vs VMI still throws me off

I'm pretty sure there is a release of the dream explorer disc with complete save files for almost every game you could ask for. I used it to get costumes and assorted accessories for Bomberman Online back when I had hope of it coming back online.

Lan-Di
Anarki

Post by Lan-Di »

Spleet wrote:
mistamontiel wrote:I was trying there forever ago for Millennium Racer save, DCI vs VMS vs VMI still throws me off

I'm pretty sure there is a release of the dream explorer disc with complete save files for almost every game you could ask for. I used it to get costumes and assorted accessories for Bomberman Online back when I had hope of it coming back online.
Yeah, I still have the disc with all the saves on it.. comes in real handy, if you know what i mean.. :D

Sonic1994DC
Carnage
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO Ver.2, Quake 3, Maximum Pool, The Next Tetris Online, Worms World Party, Alien Front Online

Post by Sonic1994DC »

Spleet wrote:

I too hope Bomberman Online comes back online soon and this year. Also us hardcore gamers (like me) get all the costumes legit 8-)

joelos1111
shadow

Post by joelos1111 »

Sonic1994DC wrote:
Spleet wrote:

I too hope Bomberman Online comes back online soon and this year. Also us hardcore gamers (like me) get all the costumes legit 8-)

The Speud's page is working fine for me in order to upload, convert and download to the VMU any .DCI save file that i've been downloading from various old http websites for the past few weeks, so far i haven't had any problem, you just need to upload and convert your .DCI save file to either .VMI and/or .VMS format, once the file has been converted copy and paste the link address of the .VMI or .VMS file to either a blank page or to your notepad, then go to your dreamcast web browser like for example XDP, dream passport or whichever your prefer and type down the full exact url then your save file will be downloaded automatically to the VMU that you choose. Anyway, i'm going to leave here a .zip file which contains a Japanese CD that has hundreds of Japanese save files that can be of course transferred to your VMUs, i found out that some saves work for any Region only if you go and change the name/extension using Speud's "Dream Explorer" CDI, I for example changed the name of a few these Japanese saves from Resident Evil 2, RE3 and Code Veronica and they're working correctly without any issue in the U.S. version of those games. Well, here's the link for the Japanese CD:

https://mega.nz/file/gBVjAK6D#Imc_CDswW ... kdnqiDIRG0 , if someone can translate it and/or convert it to CDI for GDEMU users i guess we all will highly appreciate that.

Also here's the link to download the latest "EL BUCANERO" v1.3.7U CDI that has a lot of saves for hundreds of games, notice the uploader included his personal Millennium Racer saves files there:

https://gbatemp.net/download/vmu-backup ... 50/updates

joelos1111
shadow

Post by joelos1111 »

Here's a link for the last version of Dream Explorer 0.8.5 CDI image made by Speud which includes a bunch of good Saves for all Regions:

https://mega.nz/file/EJcGRLIb#GwMEN7GZl ... y-sPvxrP_s

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Errythan except Tetris o.0

Post by mistamontiel »

I was going mad in tryna Codebreaker cheat Rez either region, but all the saves are lifesavers! *Bam* native freeplay