Pulled the HDD from my Dev. Box.

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
VasiliyRS
Uber

Re: Pulled the HDD from my Dev. Box.

Post#161 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:42 pm

Works ! Now loading first level !
It shows the videos and the main menu.

I took exe from SystemShock2GD\D1S2T5\C\WCEDreamcast\release\retail\Applications and patched ip.bin almost with every check (IP.BIN 4 Win.exe).

Update :
it freeze after loading first level . :(

TuxTheWise
Dreamcast Addicted

Post#162 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:56 pm

Vasiliy wrote:Works ! Now loading first level !
It shows the videos and the main menu.

I took exe from SystemShock2GD\D1S2T5\C\WCEDreamcast\release\retail\Applications and patched ip.bin almost with every check (IP.BIN 4 Win.exe).

Update :
it freeze after loading first level . :(

There are actually two versions. This one you tried (apparently the older one), shows a (long) loading screen and a map, probably a test one. You say it freezes, but I'm pretty sure it's working - the game just ignores the joystick input.

Some newer versions (I tried two) shows videos and the main menu. But you can't skip the videos or select any option in the main menu, because like the older one, it just ignores the joystick input.

I tried replacing the WinCE libraries from the other folder in the package, and from Armada game, but the behavior stays the same.

So, the problem is: the joystick is not working. I have no idea how to fix it.
- Check Dreamcast-Talk Downloads Index and help uploading games too!

VasiliyRS
Uber

Post#163 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:19 pm

Yes , you are right . I unplugged joystic and it loaded that test map but no control is working .
A man at assemblergames wrote :
When the game starts, you see the loading screen shown below. During this time it tries to load "ops1.mis." The mission file in the directory initially (359KB) does not work. You drop down into the room shown in the second screenshot and nothing else happens. If you replace it with the 858KB version, you enter the corridor in the third screenshot. Here, you can actually move the camera / player, but you are confined to that one area. The framerate is too low to be playable in this build.

Neohound
Gold Lion

Post#164 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:21 pm

This is a rollercoaster of a thread. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that a playable game can be found.

cloofoofoo
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#165 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:46 pm

didnt dreamcast of assembler get the menu working or I misunderstoof? Though he did mention only a limited part of the controller works.This is his screenshot:

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#166 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:44 pm

Did you try keyboard and mouse like HL used to do?

VasiliyRS
Uber

Post#167 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:26 am

didnt dreamcast of assembler get the menu working or I misunderstoof?

Yes , it works correct on DC too . It lets your browse the main menu and start first level .

Did you try keyboard and mouse like HL used to do?

seems not working for me ... at least when i tried it wasnt working .

Dihnekis
Quad Damage

Post#168 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:30 am

awesome news, hope something good comes of this.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#169 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:18 pm

Ok, the same guy that made the DVD cover for System Shock 2 made one for Thief 2, I know that there is not much hope it will ever work, but here is the cover, very professionaly done too.

1963.jpg

game_player_s
Graffiti Grind

Post#170 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:30 pm

Whoever made those covers deserves a pat on the back. Really well done. :)

Sorry to hear SS2 wasn't any further along than a single/test level. Still neat to see screenshots from it though.
Now There are no Limits -- SEGA
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/

Return to “Lounge”