Post your setups

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
DR TEAMCAST
Uber

Re: Post your setups

Post#511 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:23 am

Blue LED, GD access light on the front/face, Fan LED, and an internal SD mod above the modem. Though no card was inserted when I took this picture

Nothing fancy. Just an old CRT monitor next to my PC monitor which I prefer
Edit: Oh and monitor headphones (monitor speakers meaning for sound mixing) directly into an RCA->3.5mm female jack. No volume control or anything just sound directly from the console to the monitor headphones

ImageImage
Forum for Dreamcast and Saturn browsers http://bb.dreampipe.net
Media, News, Events and more for your Sega Dreamcast internet browser at http://dreampipe.net

noiseredux
Power Stone

Post#512 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:43 am

looking good.

SpaceBooger
noob

Post#513 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:01 pm

iCast for chillin - CRT for online PSO

XC-3730C
lithium

Post#514 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:11 pm

@SpaceBooger,

Which Sony CRT do you have, and how do you have your consoles connected to it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

noiseredux
Power Stone

Post#515 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:48 pm

ah SB, always love that iMacDC.

Wombat
Vagabond

Post#516 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:37 am

@SpaceBooger, that's really cool! Did you have to make any modifications to the screen or does the old iMac have a VGA-connector hidden within?

DarkSynbios
DC-Talk Addict

Post#517 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:37 pm

Today a funny thing happen. My wife she dont like to mess arounds with cables from consolew and etc.So, she find a solution for my dreamcast controller cable and keyboard, after she asked me if i found it cute.. When i saw it, i told her "no way! My DC is not a gay machine! lol
Attachments
image-10-02-16-07-21.jpeg

SpaceBooger
noob

Post#518 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:33 pm

XC-3730C wrote:@SpaceBooger,

Which Sony CRT do you have, and how do you have your consoles connected to it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

It's a Sony WEGA Trinitron. It has both Component and Composite inputs. I have an AV selector for both. The Wii (not shown) the PS2 and the oXBOX (not shown) are hooked up via component. The NES, SNES, N64, Saturn and DC are all composite. My M1 Genesis/SCD is hooked up via S-Video.
Wombat wrote:@SpaceBooger, that's really cool! Did you have to make any modifications to the screen or does the old iMac have a VGA-connector hidden within?

The old iMac had a CRT. I hollowed the case put a 15inch LED and the DC inside the shell. There is an opening in the back (was a vent) that I use to change discs and the cords are exiting the shell where the USB and power cords did.

lastcallgames
Vagabond

Post#519 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:02 am

I finally made a CRT VGA setup on my desk for my DC. I can't capture VGA, so I'll use the Composite until I find out the best way to do it.

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#520 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:20 pm

Here is my living room. Good thing my wife likes games too. My dreamcast is not in the pic cause it is getting painted. The rest of my consoles are in the spare room stored along side most of my games.
Attachments
20160926_141627.jpg

Return to “Lounge”