What Did You Get Your Dreamcast Recently?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Re: What Did You Get Your Dreamcast Recently?

Post#1071 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:14 am

mstar wrote:I'm not too sure if it is rare or not, but i have also one of those models here (besides my Rev 0, which is my workhorse ;) )...

One learns something new every day I guess. Out of the 7 Pal Rev 1 DCs I had so far, this was the first to have a metal fan. I assume they used these fans early on at the start of Rev 1 models before switching to the plastic fans for the rest of the production, so my guess is they didn't make too many of these.

Maliki
lithium

Post#1072 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:19 pm

Finally got one of these. Was expecting to swap out the stick and buttons right away but honestly.. This thing is nuts.

It's actually got a really great feel. I'm really used to the arcade so the stick felt really loose (actuator maybe a bit small, travel was a bit far before closing), but the buttons were pretty close. It's got a good weight too...

After playing for about 30 minutes, I actually got used to the stick and didn't notice anymore.

I love this thing!
:lol:

Kurupt FM wif a K like... 108.9 on ya dial u mugz <3

phlux
noob

Post#1073 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:00 pm

Well, a fortnight ago, I bought a standard pad, a mouse & keyboard. All boxed with with manuals etc. £30 all-in on eBay. I didn't purchase my Dreamcast, until 4 days ago!! :D

McDreamcast
noob

Post#1074 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:03 pm

Just got another dreamcast with a controller, sega light gun and a memory card. 7 Dreamcasts and counting.

Dreamcast_Ninja
dark night

Post#1075 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:18 pm

Recently
Power Stone 2
Biohazard : Code Veronica.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#1076 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:17 am

Got my copy of 'Breakers' in the mail while I was out of town. I'm hoping to have time to give it a go this weekend.

bandzicoot
noob

Post#1077 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:10 pm

I finally got Power Stone 2 :)

lastcallgames
Vagabond

Post#1078 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:56 pm

Picked up Zia and the Goddesses of Magic and Wind and Water Puzzles from the Bit Station, and a smattering of other games, notably Mars Matrix and Power Stone 2. Now I'm only about 20 or so games short of a full set.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#1079 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:34 am

Nice. How is Zia?

I picked up Bust-A-Move 4. I loved this game on the GBC, but never had the Dreamcast version. When it came I popped it in to make sure it was working, and before I knew it nearly four hours went by! The story mode puzzles can be frustrating, because often times the game just refuses to give you anything useful, and you have no place to put the orbs. Regular multiplayer/battle mode is stellar though.

OGDCFAN99
Arabian Night

Post#1080 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:06 pm

I snatched up the Performance VGA box on Ebay for a very reasonable price. When it arrived I was shocked at how massive this thing actually is! Look at it compared to a typical Retro Bit box. The thing is also way heavier than it would seem and very overbuilt- probably has something to do with the fact that it was actually licensed by Sega. Not only does it have the longest cable that I've seen on any VGA box, but the cable itself is as thick as a VGA cable or a 18 AWG power cable for a PC!
Attachments
IMG_3984.JPG