What Did You Get Your Dreamcast Recently?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Re: What Did You Get Your Dreamcast Recently?

Post#1041 » Sat May 06, 2017 2:57 pm

ooo bebe .. WTF ! So the VGA box was 'officialized' in PAL turf !? I thought it was softlaunched in Japan alone

What res does your monitor report when it's in use ?

Strik3r91
letterbomb

Post#1042 » Sun May 07, 2017 7:03 am

mistamontiel wrote:ooo bebe .. WTF ! So the VGA box was 'officialized' in PAL turf !? I thought it was softlaunched in Japan alone

What res does your monitor report when it's in use ?

All the vga boxes gives you pure 640*480p i guess :)
From love, with Russia :)

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#1043 » Sun May 07, 2017 12:32 pm

Picked up Resident Evil 2 this morning for less than $50, which seems to be a good price for it. I think that's the final expensive and/or rare US release for me to get.

BLueSS
dark night

Post#1044 » Tue May 09, 2017 1:11 am

So I just picked up POD Speedzone because it was on the list of next games to have online servers resurrected...

And oye. Nobody warned me how bad this game is. It's probably fun as an arcade racer online, but single player is pretty bad.

krssn
Metallic

Post#1045 » Tue May 09, 2017 12:21 pm

Unicorn came in. Dreamcast module for the Act-Labs Force RS steering wheel... 8-)

17884429_10158522595765164_8468373693450780430_n.jpg

Yep, that's what all the excitement was for... :mrgreen:

Haven't tested it yet. Will be for this weekend...

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#1046 » Tue May 09, 2017 12:54 pm

BLueSS wrote:And oye. Nobody warned me how bad this game is. It's probably fun as an arcade racer online, but single player is pretty bad.

I like the game but there really is no single player. Playing the game offline is basically just for practice. There's no real goal to any of it. The game was made for online multiplayer. There are even tracks, cars, and modes that you can't unlock until you go online.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

OGDCFAN99
Arabian Night

Post#1047 » Tue May 09, 2017 6:27 pm

Came up on a Skeleton Clear Japanese controller. It was kind of yellowed when I got it; the joystick was yellowed and broken.

Took it apart and detailed everything then buffed the shell inside and out with Mcguiars PlastX. Replaced the thumbstick with a grey one from a broken controller.

If only I had a white thumb stick to match the d pad and start button :roll: . Regardless, it's my fav controller and I have a skeleton clear vmu to match it on the way!
Attachments
IMG_3802.JPG
IMG_3804.JPG

OGDCFAN99
Arabian Night

Post#1048 » Tue May 09, 2017 6:29 pm

Also, I can't wait for POD Speedzone to come back online and I had no idea they officially released the VGA box in PAL territories!

sonikkublue
rebel

Post#1049 » Wed May 10, 2017 9:43 am

Finally got a copy of Sonic Adventure 2 ordered yesterday, which means I can finally replace the worn-out burned copy I've been using for a while now. (I've had no CD-Rs to burn for a bit now, so I really have to coax my Dreamcast to read this and possibly a select few other games.) It's honestly both absurd and unsurprising to me that this is a fairly expensive game to find CIB (mine came out to about $45), compared to things like it's predecessor and it's GameCube re-release.

The website also really wants you to use the Sonic Adventure 2 browser to download stuff for the game as well, so I'm also wondering if this will change anything like the Black Market for me (assuming that's been revived in itself). Likely not, but it's still worth a shot, I feel.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#1050 » Wed May 10, 2017 11:21 am

Yeah Sonic Adventure 2 has been steadily going up in value for some time now. I remember when it bottomed out around $20 a few years after the DC was discontinued. I still have my launch copy I preordered for full price at EB Games, but it gave me 20% off the official guide too. I don't have the guide anymore though.