What Did You Get Your Dreamcast Recently?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
DocOccult
shadow

Re: What Did You Get Your Dreamcast Recently?

Post#941 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:55 pm

Took a bit to find a button config I liked for it but once I did it was pretty cool. I don't have a dc mouse or a good setup to use one but I was able to manage with the controller. Definitely a fun game. Would love to play online sometime. I like the pace and the stye.

akumajobelmont
undertow

Post#942 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:37 pm

DocOccult wrote:Took a bit to find a button config I liked for it but once I did it was pretty cool. I don't have a dc mouse or a good setup to use one but I was able to manage with the controller. Definitely a fun game. Would love to play online sometime. I like the pace and the stye.

Yeah, it's definitely unique - it feels like it's own thing, and I love that. Love the chunky, colourful graphics and the music is killer too!

Well, I made a few purchases the other day. I ordered a UK Mouse - I've heard anecdotally that it plays nicer with QIIIA, but I'm most looking forward to the larger size. The Japanese Mouse I received with Outtrigger is awesome, but it's a little too small for extended play sessions.

I also picked up Confidential Mission JPN, which I played for the first time the other day. The mouse support is brilliant in the game, and as a whole, I think I prefer it over even HOTD2. Those training missions though - they're a million times harder than the main game, which sucks, because I'm struggling with them pretty bad. I really want to unlock the Another World mode, and to do that, I need to clear a stack of the training missions. Something to plug away at then!

Other than that, I also picked up a copy of Unreal Tournament. I used to own it back in the day, but I've been making do with a CDR for the last while. It'll be nice to own again!

barkeff
shadow

Post#943 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:28 pm

The last thing that showed up in the mail was a Jump Pack.The last thing I payed for was a copy of Headhunter,which was in New Jersey last time I checked.

Blarneo
rebel

Post#944 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:02 pm

K0rN b4LL
fire

Post#945 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:19 pm

Blarneo wrote:I bought an Akura.

http://www.beharbros.com/akura

Neat! Let us know how it worksout.

BrandonLoft
noob

Post#946 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:27 am

Is the akura any good?

Raen
Toy Commander

Post#947 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:53 pm

I got the Portuguese version of Dreamkey v3.1, Resident Evil 3, Hidden & Dangerous, Conflict Zone & Exhibition of Speed. All PAL.

Jako
Sunday Shootout

Post#948 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:15 am

Monaco Grand Prix Online (PAL)
POD 2 (PAL, sealed)
Daytona USA (NTSC)
Be Dreamcast My Friend!!!

Blarneo
rebel

Post#949 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:58 pm

BrandonLoft wrote:Is the akura any good?

Dunno yet. I won't get it till March sometime. But others swear by this maker's worksmanship with his VGA and other cables, so I took a leap of faith.

mstar
Doom

Post#950 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:54 pm

Got a Virtua Cop 2 NTSC-J, with spine, reg-card etc...

Are there any other lightgun shooters than HotD2, Confidential Mission and Virtua Cop 2? If not, i got em all :D