What Did You Get Your Dreamcast Recently?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
sonikkublue
rebel

Re: What Did You Get Your Dreamcast Recently?

Post#1051 » Wed May 10, 2017 1:52 pm

DCGX wrote:Yeah Sonic Adventure 2 has been steadily going up in value for some time now. I remember when it bottomed out around $20 a few years after the DC was discontinued.

I would say "well I guess it also depends on what you're getting it in", but it's strangely expensive even in a disk only offer (there's one in "acceptable" condition going for over $40!). Was Sonic Adventure 2 really in Cannon Spike levels of late in terms of release? You'd think a game as extremely beloved as it is would be at least somewhat moderate on prices and availability.

It's somewhat amusing to me that there's a good bit of disk only copies of The Trial on listings alone and can float around for fairly "meh" prices (like $10), when I'm most sure it should probably be the other way around in the world of video game collecting (but then again, I suppose games can sell pretty poor and still have a freakish amount of trial discs and such left over from promotions).

Padre
photon blast

Post#1052 » Thu May 11, 2017 9:56 pm

Screenshot_2017-05-11-17-45-35.png
Got a red controller in the mail today ($12 delivered from Ebay) to complete my North American colored controller collection! :D

Saiga GeneCast
dark night

Post#1053 » Thu May 11, 2017 10:33 pm

Congratulations on the set Padre! I am very close to getting what you have. All I need is the yellow and black controllers.

Saiga GeneCast
dark night

Post#1054 » Thu May 11, 2017 10:34 pm

I got myself a copy of Daytona Usa. Does anybody know how to upload pictures? This is my first time on Dreamcast-talk and I am not sure how to do it.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#1055 » Thu May 11, 2017 11:42 pm

That is so beautiful ! What are behind the VMUs , third-party rumble ?

VMU collecting .. the damn caps to keep out dust .. people tend to misplace them so easily 0.o

Padre
photon blast

Post#1056 » Fri May 12, 2017 2:03 am

Those are the light up Madcatz (R.I.P.) rumble packs! I can't recommend them enough, intense rumble and having them light up when they vibrate is something modern controllers just can't do, lol. I bought a ton of them in bulk from a guy in Poland to outfit all my controllers and peripherals with. They do have some compatibly problems with the Performance Astropads however, so if you try to use it in an Astropad you may have some issues. They work with all the peripherals I have, totally worth picking up. :)

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Post#1057 » Fri May 12, 2017 11:42 pm

I picked up Sega GT and StarLancer both of them complete. :P

DarkSynbios
DC-Talk Addict

Post#1058 » Sun May 14, 2017 7:08 pm

krssn wrote:Unicorn came in. Dreamcast module for the Act-Labs Force RS steering wheel... 8-)

17884429_10158522595765164_8468373693450780430_n.jpg
Yep, that's what all the excitement was for... :mrgreen:

Haven't tested it yet. Will be for this weekend...

You found a good piece of hardware for Dreamcast ;)

I made a little research and i see its difficult to find this..

Well done my friend!

sonikkublue
rebel

Post#1059 » Thu May 18, 2017 7:33 pm

Finally got Sonic Adventure 2 in... that is, I got my second copy of it in.

For some odd reason, somebody in the shipping department got really careless and threw something on top of it or something, and as a result the game was totally shattered. Dead on arrival. I was able to get a refund though, and ordered yet another CIB copy. I would've just gotten a disc only copy (originally replaced the case, albeit the inlay being torn thanks to the damage), but it didn't even matter in the end... it all came down to a very similar price for any copies I could honest-to-god trust, and even then I was still absolutely terrified to order another copy. (I actually still have the wrecked disc, just for the sake of showing friends the nightmare that festered within the shattered case.)

Strangely, this is a game I've had particularly bad luck with when it came to physical copies. I've owned three copies of the Battle version on GameCube; first was dead on arrival (refused to load full stop), second worked well enough to play through (on my Wii, as it refused to load on my GameCube), and the third copy (which was originally a gift for my Dad) was perfectly fine.

Somebody somewhere really doesn't want me to play Sonic Adventure 2 very much.

PlazmaNitro
noob

Post#1060 » Sun May 21, 2017 5:26 pm

I've actually just started my Dreamcast collection.

I've since picked up a Dreamcast (obviously), 2 official controllers (the white ones), an AV cable (as they gave me an RF adapter with my system, lol), A keyboard and mouse (dreamcast mouse and innovation keyboard, both of which I haven't quite figured out how to test), MSR, Hydro Thunder (which I got a refund for since it was scratched to hell and DOA), Dreamkey 2.0, PSO V2, Alien Front Online and Crazy Taxi (which were also both covered in scratches and DOA). Thankfully, AFO *did* come with the little mic adapter though.

I also picked up 2 after market controllers, as honestly, the official ones are a bit too small for my hands.

I have a blue "Performance" controller, which is *gigantic*. I find it's much like the (original) original XBOX controller, which my household lovingly refers to as the "hamburger controller", as it looks like a large, sloppy hamburger.

I've also grabbed 2 of the "High Frequency" controllers. They are by FAR my favorite controllers for the console, at least in my limited experience. However, they seem fraught with problems. The first one was perfect except for an X button that just didn't work. The second one has even weirder issues. Some buttons don't work at all, and others activate all kinds of buttons they shouldn't be. I've been using a controller test ROM I burned to see what the buttons do. For example, when I press right on the dpad, nothing happens. But when I press left on the dpad, left, down, right, A, B, X, Y, *and* the right trigger all light up on the diagram onscreen. I have none of the technical knowledge to fix it, and it's very distressing as I think it's the most comfortable controller I'll get for the Dreamcast.

Would anybody know where I could go to either get help in repairing it, or who I could send it to, to have it fixed?