Wow have things changed!

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Alec1382
Vagabond
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Quake 3 Arena, Phantasy Star Online V2

Re: Wow have things changed!

Post by Alec1382 »

Jaseman wrote:Ooh, those indie games look great! Might have to snag one of them, not sure yet which one.
Decide quickly, because you've only got 41 hours as of this post to make a pledge for Redux. I chose Redux since the quantities are extremely limited, and because it also comes with Dux 1.5 (with the proper pledge). That being said, the quantites for LE Sturmwind are even more limited (only 900) and it looks like a really nice set. That being said, if you miss it, you can always get the standard edition.

Don't know much about Gunlord, personally. ;)

Jaseman
Prince of Persia
Dreamcast Games you play Online: None yet!

Post by Jaseman »

My issue is that the games are too damn expensive. No Dreamcast game, indie or otherwise, in the year 2012, should cost that much! I want to support them but I can't stand space shooters, and that's almost all I ever see with indie Dreamcast games.

Alec1382
Vagabond
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Quake 3 Arena, Phantasy Star Online V2

Post by Alec1382 »

You have NG:DEV to thank for that. That being said, you have NG:DEV to thank for almost all DC indie releases.

If you're not interested in a spaceship shooter, Gunlord might be worth a look. As far as I know, it's some kind of strange non-linear shooter. Again, can't say I know much about it.

elmagicochrisg
Metallic
Dreamcast Games you play Online: None for the moment I'm afraid... lol

Post by elmagicochrisg »

Alec1382 wrote:If you're not interested in a spaceship shooter, Gunlord might be worth a look. As far as I know, it's some kind of strange non-linear shooter. Again, can't say I know much about it.
I was gonna say this, but then I saw your post... :lol:

I don't think Sturmwind is your typical shooter fare. No bullet hell, but more like a fun ride. In fact, I'm a bit affraid it might be too easy for shooter fans. Hopefully the harder settings are a challenge...
Come, bow before your King!... Bow ya shits!...

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new and sealed)

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO: anything with mayu in its name = me

Post by mazonemayu »

well, a "typical" shooter imo isn't necessarily bullet hell :)
I'll have a a game like Flying Shark or Twin Cobra over any bullet hell (though I love the genre) game any day of the week :)

but in all honesty I'm expecting most of Gunlord, been waiting to play a good new run & gun thing for ages now
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

MikeStutzzzz
Outrun
Dreamcast Games you play Online: I Love Playing all dreamcast games.
But im pretty boss at:
MvC2, Etc

Post by MikeStutzzzz »

Yeah i have been out of the scene to man go to see your still around. from what i remember last the dreamcast SD card adapter came out (i think i bought one) and i believe they found a way to play the leget PSO V2 NSTC-U online. can't remember been too long.
Meh Stuff http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=18650#p18650
Before you download meh mirrors read this
http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2353&p=22482#p22482

Comrade Snarky
Vagabond

Post by Comrade Snarky »

Jaseman wrote:Ooh, those indie games look great! Might have to snag one of them, not sure yet which one. Did DCres kick the bucket? I can't get the Sonic Adventure 2 split release :(

I think I'll probably snag an SD card reader; considering using dc-sd.com or something, as it's USA based.

I'll be getting my USB 56k modem and, following one of the guides on this site, set up my Dreamcast to play some PSO :D
DCRes is done. I don't know if he made any formal announcement, but he hasn't been around for about a year and I don't think he's done a game for longer than that. In doing the ReviveDC games, we were curious why some of his games were downsampled when they didn't need to be and it actually turns out that he just straight up stole the binaries from a lot of scene games. Not too sure why, Lodoss War was one of the worst offenders. He claimed the PAL version lacked the protection of the US one, which is a load of crap since the files are identical save for audio I think it was. He had just taken the binaries from another scene group that had beat the protection. His later releases tended to be mostly his own work, though. It's kind of odd since he did so many guides and whatnot… I don't get why he wouldn't just always do his own work.

Anyways, ReviveDC uses the data/data selfboot format, which is more reliable anyways, and we always source from GDIs and atreyu187 rips his own GD-ROMs if he has the game. No stolen binaries here. You may be able to get the Sonic Adventure 2 split release from the ISO Zone, I'm not sure though; a lot of DCRes games are still there uploaded by others. I don't think we'll ever do any split releases. If we get to Sonic Adventure 2 it would probably be a full 99 minute alongside an 80 minute downsample.