The White Label Thread

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO: anything with mayu in its name = me

The White Label Thread

Post by mazonemayu »

as requested by Jenkins I'm moving the entire thing that's been going on in my collection thread here ;)

can someone sticky it??
mazonemayu wrote:
I also updated my Clam style boxes again as I found Tee Off

Jenkins wrote:Very nice collection. The small DC mouse is cool. ^^

Could you please take a closer picture of the Dave Mirra disc? Especially the part beneath the DC logo?
mazonemayu wrote:I could if you want, but there's really nothing special about it; I have compared it to the regular PAL version & its identical in every way
Jenkins wrote:
mazonemayu wrote:I could if you want, but there's really nothing special about it; I have compared it to the regular PAL version & its identical in every way
Oh, OK, thank you. Like the Shadow Man promo disc I guess. Nothing special about the disc just a slightly different cover + a case from Amaray. Both of my Dave Mirra promos contain a white label.

What is writen on the white box on the backside (instead of the bar code)?
"FOR BUNDLE PURPOSES ONLY" or "Promo Only - Not For Re-sale"?
mazonemayu wrote:for display only - not for resale
Jenkins wrote:
mazonemayu wrote:for display only - not for resale
I checked my copy. It's the same. So, nothing really indicates which disc belongs to it. Thanks anyway!
mazonemayu wrote:nope, also there's little info to find about these demo boxes, but since they come with a special PAL cover & booklet I assume its more logical they sould come with a regular disk than with a white label. besides, its the boxes that are important, not what's in em (that can easily be replaced)
Neohound wrote:I've always assumed those clamshell cases came with white labels. I have three of them and all contain white label discs.
mazonemayu wrote:could very well be, but who will tell?? ;)
Neohound wrote:Well, yeah, the 'Dreamcast Oracle' maybe lol
mazonemayu wrote:think of it: what if ALL white labels originally came in those boxes & they all got thrown away ;)
Jenkins wrote:Just to bring light in the dark and why I thought it should be a white label instead of a retail GD:

Almost every white label from Akklaim came with a special case, booklet and cover. There are three types of promo cover: "For Bundle Purposes Only", "Promo Only - Not For Resale" and "For Display Only - Not For Resale". Those "Bundle purposes" promos are packed with regular (uncut) GD. The rest comes usually with a white label even the "For Display Only" (see pictures below). It's possible that Akklaim send out some retails discs later maybe but many collector would confirm/own this combination.

Exception:
- Re-Volt and Trick Style. Both were always sold (and listed by collectors) as disc only. I really don't know why. Maybe these games were one of the first they produced?

- Dead or Alive 2 exists as "For Bundle Purposes Only" with a retail GD and "Promo Only - Not For Resale" with a white label. A very limited run was pressed with a silver text version like Space Channel 5 got.

- Shadow Man is the only game from Akklaim which was send out with the regular UK disc.

Picutures:
Image Image Image

PS: Please move this post to a more related thread if needed.
mazonemayu wrote:nice, are these yours?? and how about the dave mirra one? in this pic it holds a white label but in my box its a regular GD. also where did you find this info, I'm always interested in reading up on shit like this
Neohound wrote:
mazonemayu wrote:nice, are these yours??
Jenkins, that was what I was wondering myself. If the collection is yours, you should post it again under your name, as it is a fantastic set, and I'm sure people would be interested to see it.
Jenkins wrote:These discs are mine. I would go a step further and say it's a complete set of boxed white labels, because in my six years of collecting white labels I have never seen another game in such a case. Not at ebay nor in a private collection/on the internet.

The second Dave Mirra white label I had was in a Amaray case too. I know at least three people who owns the same pack. It's possible that Acclaim sent out some retail discs later maybe? But I think it should be a white label, imo.

If you want to see a list and a sneek peak of my collection please follow this link to my thread at SEGA-DC.de: Jenkins' SEGA Paradise. As soon as I find some time to take more (detailed) pictures I'll let you know!
dark wrote:On the subject of white labels. I saw this PSO white label today on ebay and I'm having a hard time noticing if it comes with a clamshell case, a standard euro case, or if the thing that looks like it might be a case, is just a manual or piece of paper printed to look like a euro case. I do like the alternate cover though, mostly just because it is different ;)

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Sega-Dreamcast-P ... 4ab7e5e70d
mazonemayu wrote:could very well be that this WL originally came with these papers, as you need the SNAK to play it online. my own PSO WL just came with a post-it with the SNAK so...
darn, you never know with these sort of things LOL

an interesting find nevertheless
mazonemayu wrote:on second thought, my Planet Ring WL came with a cover of a similar layout, so I suppose it could be legit
Jenkins wrote:We really should start a new thread :lol:
It's a preview cover/print from SEGA Europe. Shenmue, jet set radio, planet ring, PSO, uefa dream soccer, sonic shuffle... some of them came with a cover. Nothing special just a high quality print. These covers can be found on many press discs.
mazonemayu wrote:
Jenkins wrote: I would go a step further and say it's a complete set of boxed white labels, because in my six years of collecting white labels I have never seen another game in such a case. Not at ebay nor in a private collection/on the internet.
wouldn't it make sense to say all Acclaim DC WL disks originally came in such boxes?? mainly coz you already got so many
Jenkins wrote:Basically yes, except for Re-Volt. This game wasn't sent out in such a case, imo.
Wombat wrote:
Jenkins wrote:Basically yes, except for Re-Volt. This game wasn't sent out in such a case, imo.
Don't forget South Park Chef's Luvshack swell, never seen that game in a clamshell as well.
Jenkins wrote:But as a white label?
mazonemayu wrote:never seen it as a WL before either
Wombat wrote:Never seen that one as a white label before as well; but it is weird that it didn't get the clamshell treatment like the other Acclaim ones. We really need a comprehensive white label list to rule them all!
Jenkins wrote:I maintain this white label list. If anyone own/know a white label which is not on this list or have some infomore info please tell me. I should add my photos with the boxed white label maybe.

EDIT: We really should start or move this conversation into a more appropriate thread. :)
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

Wombat
Vagabond

Re: The White Label Thread

Post by Wombat »

You beat me to it ;-). Ok to kick-off things, here is my list of white labels:

18 Wheeler
4 Wheel Thunder
Buggy Heat
Bust A Move 4 Acclaim case 950-0067-50 952-0062-50
ChuChu Rocket!
Confidential Mission
Conflict Zone
Crazy Taxi
Crazy Taxi 2 950-0158-50 952-0153-50
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX Acclaim case 950-0130-50 952-0122-50
Daytona USA 2001
Dead or Alive 2 950-0078-50 952-0073-50
Dead or Alive 2 Acclaim case 950-0078-50 952-0073-50
Ducati World Acclaim case 950-0155-50 952-0150-50
Dynamite Cop
Ecco The Dolphin
ECW Anarchy Rulz Acclaim case 950-0147-50 952-0140-50
Evil Twin Cyprien's Chronicles 950-0190-50 952-0180-50
Ferrari F355 Challenge: Passione Rossa Acclaim case 950-0100-50 952-0094-50
FIGHTINGVIPERS 2 Beta
FLOIGAN BROS Episode one
Formula 1 World Grand Prix for Dreamcast
Freestyle Scooter
Half Life (Video)
HEADHUNTER 2 disc
Heavy Metal - Geomatrix
Jet Set Radio
Le Mans 24 Hours
Maken X
MDK2 950-0052-50 952-0049-50
Metropolis Street Racer
MSR Opel Challenge
NBA 2k
NBA 2k2
NHL 2K
Phantasy Star Online Master 950-0134-50 952-0126-50
Phantasy Star Online Ver.2 (sealed!) 950-0186-50 952-0176-50
Powerstone 2
Quak III Arena 950-0115-50 952-0106-50
Rayman 2 950-0042-50 952-0040-50
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing: Round 2 (Beta)
Red Dog Superior Fire Power 950-0035-50 952-0032-50
Rez 950-0174-50 952-0169-50
Sega Bass Fishing
Sega Extreme Sports 950-0095-50 952-0089-50
Sega GT
Sega Worldwide Soccer 2000 950-0010-50 n/a
Sega Worldwide Soccer 2000 Euro Edition
Shenmue 4 disc
Shenmue II 4 disc
Skies of Arcadia 2 disc
Snow Surfers
Snow Surfers
Sonic Adventure
Sonic Adventure 2
Sonic Adventure 2 - Trial Version
Sonic Shuffle
SoulCalibur 950-0019-50 n/a
South Park Rally Acclaim case 950-0079-50 952-0074-50
Space Channel 5 white text 952-0083-50 950-0087-50
Starlancer 950-0148-50 952-0141-50
Sword of Beserk: Guts Rage 950-0059-05 952-0058-05
Time Stalkers
Tony Hawk's Skateboarding 950-0066-50 952-0061-50
Toy Commander
UEFA Dream Soccer
UEFA Striker (B) BETA
Virtua Athlete 2K
Virtua Fighter 3tb 950-0005-50 n/a
Virtua Striker 2 ver. 2000.1
Virtua Tennis 950-0074-50 952-0069-50
Virtua Tennis 950-0080-50 952-0075-50
VIRTUA TENNIS 2
Wacky Races
Walt Disney World Quest
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire
Zombie Revenge

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post by mazonemayu »

I really don't have that many, as I only buy em every now & then (I'm still more focused on limited editions atm & completing the JAP games list first). I do own Giant Killers, that counts for something ;)

4 Wheel Thunder
Bust A Move 4 (clamshell)
Crazy Taxi 2
Dave Mirra Freestyle Bmx (clamshell, with regular disk > seems I'll have to replace this :lol: )
Daytona USA 2001
Dead Or Alive 2 (clamshell with regular disk)
Ecco The Dolphin: Defender Of The Future
Evil Twin
F1 World Grand Prix
Ferrari F355 (clamshell)
GK – Giant Killers
Headhunter
Maken X
Metropolis Street Racer
NBA 2K
NHL2K
Phantasy Star Online (with cover)
Planet Ring (with cover)
Rush 2049
Quake 3 Arena
Ready To Rumble 2 (Beta)
Sega Bass Fishing
Sega Extreme Sports
Sega GT
Sonic Adventure
Sonic Adventure 2
Sonic Shuffle
Space Channel 5
Tee Off (clamshell)
Time Stalkers
Toy Commander
UEFA Dream Soccer
Virtua Tennis
Zombie Revenge
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

Visit:

dark
Shark Patrol

Post by dark »

Tons of white labels for sale by the same seller. Some at ridiculous prices, but some others seem fairly affordable.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_nkw=d ... rswave.com

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post by mazonemayu »

yeah, he's nuts; 89 quid for PSO?? whats that all about?? LOL
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

Visit: