Does anyone here play Capcom vs SNK 2?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Dynamite
lithium

Does anyone here play Capcom vs SNK 2?

Post by Dynamite »

I think this is my new favorite fighting game, it has tons of characters from Street Fighter and King of Fighters. The only thing that disappoints me is that a lot of the SF characters have the same graphics from Street Fighter Alpha however all the SNK characters have new graphics. Oh well. Great game.

I want to start playing as Iori, but the SNK characters are a little hard to use because well, basically I'm not familiar with them lol.

Speaking of which, what is the best King of Fighters game for Dreamcast? There's so many I don't even know where to begin looking :D

elmagicochrisg
Metallic
Dreamcast Games you play Online: None for the moment I'm afraid... lol

Re: Does anyone here play Capcom vs SNK 2?

Post by elmagicochrisg »

CD AGES !!!

Somebody here to see you...
Come, bow before your King!... Bow ya shits!...

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new and sealed)

CD AGES
Shark Patrol
Dreamcast Games you play Online: http://www.youtube.com/user/CDages

Post by CD AGES »

Thanks elma. I'm on it like a bonnet :D

If you look a lil thru the threads from a while back, you will find plenty of info with regards to your questions.

But in a nut shell, yes, I (as well as few members here) play CVS2. Iori is a solid characters that is best utilized with any groove type that will grant him a "run" mechanic (S,N, or K Grooves) as it compliments his specials that are best exploited with a rushdown, poke oriented game.
I personally feel KOF 2002 is by far and away the best KOF on the Dreamcast and one the best regardless of platform. I feel SNK didn't top themselves with this game up until quite recently with KoF XIII. Hope this helps and keep on playing!
It's STILL Thinking Dreamcast Channel

The ReviveDC Project blog; reviews for our releases and news

BrianC
Dreamcast Swirl

Post by BrianC »

I wanted to second 02 as well. If you look back to earlier conversations we've had on KOF I've always considered '98 to be the best (to be fair though, I have only played 98, 2002, and KOF-a) but 2002 has grown on me so much and all the changes really started making sense to me. Still haven't played XIII or CvS2, is that the one made by SNK or by Capcom?

maverick
fire

Post by maverick »

At Season's Beatings, a fighting game tournament in Ohio, there are usually side tournaments in people's hotel rooms with CvSNK2 as a popular choice. For that matter, Third Strike, MvC2, and CvSNK2 are usually the games you see people warming up or unwinding with before/after their new-gen matches. Why? All of those games cover many fighting game fundamentals.

Side note: Back in my Counter-strike LAN tournaments days, you would see some players warming up by playing half life first. Same fundamentals.

Anyways, if you want to get into the KOF 13 scene, I suggest playing KOF 98 to learn the fundamentals and KOF 2002 for the combos. And yes, both are available for the Dreamcast. ;)
Keep dreaming.