Sturmwind

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
jalvarez82
MicroMidget

Re: Sturmwind

Post by jalvarez82 »

Has anyone here had any problems playing their copy?

I tried to play my copy for the first time today and both my consoles don't wanna recognize the disc at all. Kinda frustrating lol. If it's the lens then it wouldn't play my other indie games like Last Hope (which is still loading just fine).

I wonder if my copy is bogus. Looks legit tho.

Any ideas?
CD AGES
Shark Patrol
Dreamcast Games you play Online: http://www.youtube.com/user/CDages

Post by CD AGES »

jalvarez82 wrote:Has anyone here had any problems playing their copy?

I tried to play my copy for the first time today and both my consoles don't wanna recognize the disc at all. Kinda frustrating lol. If it's the lens then it wouldn't play my other indie games like Last Hope (which is still loading just fine).

I wonder if my copy is bogus. Looks legit tho.

Any ideas?
Hmm. Strange. Perhaps a faulty disc? do you have access to another dreamcast from a friend, relative or even a cheap one worth buying at local pawnshop to test the game out?
It's STILL Thinking Dreamcast Channel

The ReviveDC Project blog; reviews for our releases and news
jalvarez82
MicroMidget

Post by jalvarez82 »

Yeah...before I jump to any conclusions, I'm gonna let a friend of mine borrow the game and see if it work on his console.

I'm hoping it's NOT a faulty disc, and just my console. I can buy them for $30 a pop right now at a nearby gameshop.

I'll see what's up and check back if the expirement fails.

Thanks for replying, CD AGES.
CD AGES
Shark Patrol
Dreamcast Games you play Online: http://www.youtube.com/user/CDages

Post by CD AGES »

jalvarez82 wrote:Yeah...before I jump to any conclusions, I'm gonna let a friend of mine borrow the game and see if it work on his console.

I'm hoping it's NOT a faulty disc, and just my console. I can buy them for $30 a pop right now at a nearby gameshop.

I'll see what's up and check back if the expirement fails.

Thanks for replying, CD AGES.
No problem. Def keep us updated.
It's STILL Thinking Dreamcast Channel

The ReviveDC Project blog; reviews for our releases and news
jalvarez82
MicroMidget

Post by jalvarez82 »

Will do bro. 8-)
jalvarez82
MicroMidget

Post by jalvarez82 »

Welp... the game plays perfectly on my friend's console. So the problem lies with mine. Damn. Gotta invest in a new console now. Oh well. I'm glad it's not the game itself.
Raen
Toy Commander

Post by Raen »

Sometimes all you have to do is to recalibrate the lens - yeah, I know that you don't believe the problem lies in it, as you've said that you can boot other games, but that usually happens, the console refuses to boot specific games and can boot others like butter, all you need to do is to recalibrate the lens to a point that it can boot all games, or at least most of them.
You can always try before going buying a new console.
jalvarez82
MicroMidget

Post by jalvarez82 »

True. I'm gonna try to fix my consoles eventually. But for now, a new one is in order. And I bought one today for a good price.

And now that I was able to play Sturmwind....this game is absolutely gorgeous! Jesus christ!! I'm hella glad I picked up a copy.
#1phoenixsunsfan
Sunday Shootout

Post by #1phoenixsunsfan »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeCoF7fK5zk[/youtube]

"Ah, this was the game that was originally the Native project on the Atari Jaguar CD that was delayed over and over again. I'd forgotten about this! When the "Sturmwind for the Dreamcast" news came along, I thought it was another dumb NG Dev Team game, the same folks who made the crappy Last Hope game. I'm glad I'm wrong, and thank you for this review! I should order this off PlayAsia before this game disappears!"
jalvarez82
MicroMidget

Post by jalvarez82 »

Sturmwind is CGR's best game of 2013. Awesome. 8-)

I love their reviews.