Shenmue Undub Released!

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Comrade Snarky
Vagabond

Re: Shenmue Undub Released!

Post#11 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:14 am

That's because before you made that post, you weren't a registered member and thus couldn't access the download forum. Try again now.

liamf1986
noob

Post#12 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:16 am

Nevermind I found it over on isoZone.

Thanks again for the hard work getting this made.

liamf1986
noob

Post#13 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:18 am

I did register before attempting to download and have tried the link again just now still doesn't work for me but as I said not to worry I found a work around.
Thanks for the reply.

nekusasu
shadow

Post#14 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:23 pm

Kudos to SMiTH and the people at ReviveDC!! Gonna test this ASAP. <3

Comrade Snarky
Vagabond

Post#15 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:15 am

liamf1986 wrote:I did register before attempting to download and have tried the link again just now still doesn't work for me but as I said not to worry I found a work around.
Thanks for the reply.

Maybe there's some sort of post limit? I dunno. Not too sure what conditions make that forum available to everyone.

Glad you got your hands on it, though.

MrSega

Post#16 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:45 pm

Why SEGA decided to english dub Shenmue instead of going for broke and releasing it with Subtitles is beyond me. It would have save them a few million when they so needed to save money.

AdamKoralik
Sunday Shootout

Post#17 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:32 am

While I agree it's better in Japanese, the vast majority of English speakers wouldn't want to play it if it wasn't dubbed.

MrSega

Post#18 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:57 am

AdamKoralik wrote:While I agree it's better in Japanese, the vast majority of English speakers wouldn't want to play it if it wasn't dubbed.

Suppose your right. But Soul Calibur and Power Stone were in Japanese, that didn't stop people from playing it.

I honestly think Shenmue's ADR production was too primitive and preachy.

AdamKoralik
Sunday Shootout

Post#19 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:07 am

Let's be honest, no one played Soul Calibur and Power Stone for their story.

MrSega

Post#20 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:10 am

AdamKoralik wrote:Let's be honest, no one played Soul Calibur and Power Stone for their story.

That and the fact that Shenmue was one of the first main console RTS games to be released.