Petition for Dreamcast Remastered system hit 6k supporters

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Maxx Sand
shadow

Petition for Dreamcast Remastered system hit 6k supporters

Post#1 » Sun May 24, 2015 12:31 am

Yep an actual petition about the Dreamcast on change . org is starting to go viral guys. It presently has 6.3k supporters as of this posting, and growing.

Lets show SEGA and the industry just how much the little white box means :)

If your in the Dreamcast Gamers Facebook group I and Impulse/Radkin run you have already seen the post about this.

Link: https://www.change.org/p/sega-of-america-to-design-and-release-a-sega-dreamcast-limited-edition-console
The Notorious Maxx Sand

DC4EVER
rebel

Re: Petition for Dreamcast Remastered system hit 6k supporte

Post#2 » Sun May 24, 2015 6:24 am

i saw it on FB. Half of these people that sign these sort of things dont end up buying crap.

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#3 » Sun May 24, 2015 6:49 am

6.3k supporters worldwide (or even just in the US) is nothing if you are asking for a new console, even if it would be only a Dreamcast replica with specs from 16 years ago and not all new shiny next-gen/current gen and made only for a limited quantity. I don't see any way for this to make sense for SEGA, it's just not a viable business venture (especially now that they are restructuring in the US).

If there were 10 million or more people signing that thing, it would be somewhat noteworthy but as it is now, it's just wishful thinking at the highest level imo.

killbot80k
fire

Post#4 » Sun May 24, 2015 1:45 pm

Tarnish wrote:If there were 10 million or more people signing that thing, it would be somewhat noteworthy

Sigh... If only. As long as Sega is still in business I guess the dream(cast) will never die.

Presbytier
rebel

Post#5 » Sun May 24, 2015 4:19 pm

killbot80k wrote:
Tarnish wrote:If there were 10 million or more people signing that thing, it would be somewhat noteworthy

Sigh... If only. As long as Sega is still in business I guess the dream(cast) will never die.

SEGA could die tomorrow and it would not effect my enjoyment of the Dreamcast in fact I would be quite happy if current SEGA faded off into the sunset...
“Never pay more than 20 bucks for a game.” Guybrush Threepwood

FinedrivE
dirty sailor

Post#6 » Tue May 26, 2015 7:54 am

Yeah Sega kinda blows now. They never really came back from the crushing fail of the Dreamcast. In fact looking at their website is kinda depressing.
Currently sucking at: The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Road Rash II and Pirates! Gold

Searching for EGG, SFA3, and ANY GENESIS/CD/32X games.

DarkSynbios
DC-Talk Addict

Post#7 » Tue May 26, 2015 1:19 pm

First, all this need a good promotion from big sites to know everybody, so can help with signatures.

lastcallgames
Vagabond

Post#8 » Tue May 26, 2015 11:27 pm

At the very best, Sega would partner with someone like Atgames (a la the Genesis clones) or Hyperkin to license it out, but until someone can figure out how to make a CD or DVD drive read GD Roms a real Dreamcast redo is pretty much just a pipe dream.

The only thing that gives me hope is that Sega seems pretty willing to give the legal OK for companies to make new clone Genesises and Master Systems, unlike say Nintendo, who doesn't allow that.

EnternalHope
dark night

Post#9 » Thu May 28, 2015 1:13 am

lastcallgames wrote:At the very best, Sega would partner with someone like Atgames (a la the Genesis clones) or Hyperkin to license it out, but until someone can figure out how to make a CD or DVD drive read GD Roms a real Dreamcast redo is pretty much just a pipe dream.

The only thing that gives me hope is that Sega seems pretty willing to give the legal OK for companies to make new clone Genesises and Master Systems, unlike say Nintendo, who doesn't allow that.

SEGA is steadfastly protecting Saturn and Dreamcast for reason: They don't want people licensing content and not expect some actual profit.

As for this petition, I doubt SEGA would support this. If they aren't going to profit somewhat from it, they wouldn't embrace it.

If you want to get SEGA's attention(especially their R&D dept) send the link to here: http://buzz.sega.jp/about/

FinedrivE wrote:Yeah Sega kinda blows now. They never really came back from the crushing fail of the Dreamcast. In fact looking at their website is kinda depressing.

Nah. Its just that Sega is trying to clear the legacy of their hardware brand. They're also pretty much shifting more and more towards PC and mobile on the consumer front because its both more economical and efficient from a business standpoint. They can't keep pandering to non Sega fans and keeping making console games that nobody buys.

lastcallgames
Vagabond

Post#10 » Thu May 28, 2015 12:15 pm

EnternalHope wrote:SEGA is steadfastly protecting Saturn and Dreamcast for reason: They don't want people licensing content and not expect some actual profit.

As for this petition, I doubt SEGA would support this. If they aren't going to profit somewhat from it, they wouldn't embrace it.

Well, I mean, they have given AtGames pretty much free reign to make clones of their most popular consoles (in the West) for about five or so years now. Look at all the Genesis or Genesis derived clones they've come out with, and a couple Master System/Game Gear ones too.