Dreamcast on LED TV's Via VGA

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
mrwasi
noob

Dreamcast on LED TV's Via VGA

Post#1 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:19 am

Hey Everyone,

I've read several suggestions in regards to hooking up a Dreamcast to HDTV's.
I have no VGA input on my TV.

I took note on a previous post on on the web that a user suggested the "Manhattan" brand VGA to HDMI converter.

Unfortunately my TV (Samsung LED 3D) cannot register the connection for VGA to HDMI.
BUT.... it can register VGA to Component.

So I was wondering what would be the best VGA to Component converter for the Dreamcast.

Thanks for all the help!

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Re: Dreamcast on LED TV's Via VGA

Post#2 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:37 am

I have this one and it works perfectly. I use it to record all the Dreamcast footage for my YouTube channel. Check out the video below for an example of how it looks. Of course it will look better in person due to the YouTube compression and whatnot.

PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

mrwasi
noob

Post#3 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:47 am

Awesome!
Thanks for the quick reply and also the video (I subscribed to your channel :) )

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#4 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:17 pm

mrwasi wrote:Thanks for the quick reply and also the video (I subscribed to your channel :) )

No problem and thanks! :) That channel is actually my secondary channel where I upload just gameplay and other random stuff. My main content is on the channel in my signature.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live