UPDATE: Powerstone Tournament 8/7/15

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
CD AGES
Shark Patrol

UPDATE: Powerstone Tournament 8/7/15

Post#1 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:37 am

Hey everyone. Every Friday night here in Southern California we run and live-stream tournaments and casual play for obscure fighters such Darkstalkers, Hokuto No Ken and Garou. I'm happy to announce that Tomorrow (Friday) at around 11pm will be streaming a tournament for one of my all time Favorite Dreamcast Fighting game, Powerstone. This is the first time we will be streaming a Powerstone event so i'm excited to give this little gem of a fighter some exposure. I will be participating in the tourney as well as providing commentary for our viewers and answering chat questions regarding gameplay. Please tune in to our stream if you are curious in watching some high level play for Powerstone and especially Darkstalkers 3 (Vampire Savior) which starts earlier at around 9:30pm. If its a success, I may be allowed to do more Dreamcast related fighting titles such a Plasma Sword, Virtual-On, Project Justice, etc. in the future so please tune in.

Any questions you may have, please ask. Here's the link to the appropriate Twitch channel. Thanks :)

http://www.twitch.tv/ROTANIBOR
Last edited by CD AGES on Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's STILL Thinking Dreamcast Channel

The ReviveDC Project blog; reviews for our releases and news

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Re: Powerstone Tournament Friday 8/7/15

Post#2 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:56 am

Hey everyone, just a quick update on the Power Stone tournament that was held a little over a week ago that I hosted in my SoCal area. Provided below is the link for the Challonge tournament bracket results as well the whole stream footage which has finally been archived. I do a good portion of the commentary (and ranting :? ) for the matches . Anyone interested in watching some decent level play of the game should check it out. Thanks
http://challonge.com/ugc_powerstone_03

Dreamcastgaga
Roadster

Re: UPDATE: Powerstone Tournament 8/7/15

Post#3 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:48 am

A fun watch, would be good to see a Powerstone 2 tournament with teams! :D

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#4 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:03 pm

Dreamcastgaga wrote:A fun watch, would be good to see a Powerstone 2 tournament with teams! :D

Well thanks for watching. It was fun trying to give this fun title some exposure.
Now that would be something! I honestly believe 2 v 2 format is the only way to play Power Stone 2 in a serious competitve environment like tournaments and the only way the game truly shines in skill play. 1 v 1 would simply be a diaster. The game engine in 2 wasn't really designed with 1 on 1 versus in mind.

BnGamesReviews
blackout!

Post#5 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:19 pm

I just got this in the mail for my Naomi

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#6 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:32 pm

I presume it's the JPN version...?

BnGamesReviews
blackout!

Post#7 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:57 pm

Yup

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#8 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:07 pm

Been trying to find a place that has the US Naomi ver to play.
I use to play the JPN version frequently at Denjin Arcade before they closed up shop :(

BnGamesReviews
blackout!

Post#9 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:19 pm

The only 4p panel one I knew of was at a mini golf place that shut down a few years ago in City of Industry.

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#10 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:41 pm

Its tough to find a cab in the US that is configured to support 4 players. Denjin arcade setup had a dual ASW cab setup but only supported 1 player on each cab. The controller panel only had room from one control setup due to the card reader on the right.