Is there some kind of alternative to buying dreamcast games?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Re: Is there some kind of alternative to buying dreamcast games?

Post#11 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:07 am

Unorthodocks wrote:I'm new to emulation and PC gaming in general. I got a gtx 970 though and run all my favorite gcube games and even some wii games in 2K res and 16:9, shit is NUTS! lol. As long as the rom works properly theres no comparison between the original system. So DC emulation is nearly as refined?
I have a newer PC running a 6th gen i5 cpu and a gtx 950 graphics card and NullDC is running games in 4k at 100% speed. The games look good in 4k, but NullDC still has bugs and some games do not run at all. If you have any games burnt to CD, NullDC can play them from disc instead of having all of your games stored on your hard drive. It is nice to have the option to play the same game on the Dreamcast and the emulator. The games that work do look way better on the emulator. I have a converter box to upscale my Dreamcasts VGA 480p signal to 720p or 1080i. I wonder what the Dreamcast would look like up converted to 4k using the real hardware? Another nice touch is that NullDC supports wired xbox 360 controllers.

Here are a few pics
Attachments
SA2.jpg
Sonic Adventure 2.jpg
APT1.jpg
AMT2.jpg
AFO2.jpg
AFO1.jpg