What game(s) got you to get a Dreamcast?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderator: mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
hawkzer0
lithium

Re: What game(s) got you to get a Dreamcast?

Post#31 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:12 pm

For me, growing up I had the Genesis and adored everything sonic and Sega. I kind of skipped over the 32 bit systems and when I heard there was a 3d sonic game coming out for the new Sega system I knew I had to have it. Unfortunately my father didn't think the Dreamcast was a good investment because of Sega's downfalls of the 90's and got me ps2 one year for Christmas. That was an OK console but didn't satisfy my Sega lust haha. I ended up getting a dc from sears when they were being sold for $40! The next week I was playing PSO on schthack and haven't looked back since !
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

Blarneo
rebel

Re: What game(s) got you to get a Dreamcast?

Post#32 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:58 am

Believe it or not, it was the web browser. I had a 8 year old Mac (that finally fried) I hadn't replaced and not a lot of money for a new one for at least a year, so the Dreamcast I bought got me back online for $300 vs. $1000+ for a Powerbook.

That and I skipped the Saturn, but Sonic Adventure and Gauntlet Legends helped justify it.