Best independent dreamcast games

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
shinerbock
fire

Re: Best independent dreamcast games

Post#21 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:14 am

HCRAYERT504 wrote:Does anyone know where I could buy Sturmwind because it seems to be to expensive on ebay and Amazon and play-Asia run out of copies?

I just did some searching and I sure couldn't find it anywhere. Maybe you should email RedSpotGames...if they think there's enough interest maybe they'll do a reprint?

scaryred24
Sunday Shootout

Post#22 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:37 pm

Not after what RedSpotGames did to them would it be okay to email them.

The only one I have played it Rush Rush Rally Racing. I snagged the Deluxe edition around last December. The guy had it for like $50 at the flea market, but because I was the only one who asked he gave me a 20% discount for it. It's in mint condition too with the Soundtrack, manual, dual disc box, and all of the promotional material in tact. Good game. I just don't have the patience to beat it yet.
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $2623 ($699 with sales)
  • Games owned: 250
  • Games played: 146 (58%)
  • Hours on record: 1,948.2h

http://www.speedtest.net/result/7087109286Image

shinerbock
fire

Post#23 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:48 pm

scaryred24 wrote:Not after what RedSpotGames did to them would it be okay to email them.

You'll have to remind me what RedSpotGames did to who exactly...I know a lot of folks got some really bad customer service from them, but not exactly sure what you mean beyond that? But still, you're probably right, it's probably wishful thinking for a reprint in any case.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#24 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:33 pm

To answer the original question on page 1, my choice for future hopeful release is OutbreakX. It has nice 3D with a open environment. Also Xenocider/Project Q. I will buy both of them.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Jako
Sunday Shootout

Post#25 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:43 pm

Rush Rush Rally, it takes my blood warm, tensión on a pad. Few games got that. Better than other released games in the commercial era. Like @wombat said:

-Good finish of the product, in every point of view.
-Simply Addictive, win yourself and all the world with the online codes.
-Secrets. Very originals.
-Very good graphics for a 2D racing game, more that i expected of the snapshots of the news.
-Very accurate and playable tracks.
-A 4 player game!
-All the options needed and gameplay modes.
-The feeling of a infinite game, dont mind the cars or the tracks (enough by far).
-So so so funny on arcade stick.

Very good purchase and very good joob of Senile Team. My thanks for that game to the team.
I hope that this team plain someday a second part of this great game.
Very proud of purchase that game at time.
Again, thats is my oportunity, thanks for that game.

Say thank you is short. If you find a copy, you are a lucky guy, you found a jewel :-)
Be Dreamcast My Friend!!!

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#26 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:47 pm

Agreed, Jako. I bought that game along with Wind and Water Puzzle Battles at the same time. Really nice games.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

HCRAYERT504
undertow

Post#27 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:11 am

So if no one here has a copy of Sturmwind or Last hope pink bullets they would be willing to sell me then can someone atleast tell me what is Redspot games email?

Farmhouse
lithium

Post#28 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:58 am

Now that DC online is making a comeback. I have to wonder if any future games will include an online element. Unless it's already happened and I'm just unaware.

MisterTipp
rebel

Post#29 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:05 pm

I kinda want to try and see if I can put something together for a Dreamcast. Got lot's of experience in XNA and Monogame, but I'm taking it Dreamcast-programming is waaaay more complex than that...