Recommend me a game.

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Stonerbox
rebel

Recommend me a game.

Post#1 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:00 pm

Hi, I'm new here.

I just ordered a DC yesterday and 11 games for it (including Sturmwind!) but I'm still looking for a game my girlfriend could appreciate. She absolutely loved the Katamari series and she played them to death. She generally likes games that are easy to pick up, quirky and just fun I guess.

What could I get her for the Dreamcast? She does not know that I've bought all this stuff so it will be sort of an surprise when it arrives in February.

hudsthinking1999
Feet of Fury

Re: Recomend me a game.

Post#2 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:08 pm

While not that quirky, Crazy Taxi is very affordable, fun and easy to pick up and play. You can play it when you're feeling pretty much any mood, and it can also act as kind of a quick fix game, like mobile phone games. It also has a rockin' soundtrack!

I say pick that one up for your girlfriend, but chances are you probably already have it. It's a very common game.
"Sonic was never good, and if you disagree, you can call the cops."

-Some plebs at IGN

Stonerbox
rebel

Re: Recomend me a game.

Post#3 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:26 pm

Actually I don't. Thanks man!

Perhaps I should list what games I have bought. Now, some of them came with the DC "bundle" and are not games I would have picked up otherwise. Like Virtua Striker 2.

Sturmwind
Hydro Thunder
Dead Or Alive 2
Carrier
Sonic Adventure
Virtua Striker 2
Ready 2 Rumble
Sega Rally
F355 Challenge
Metropolis Street Racer
F1 World Grand Prix

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Re: Recommend me a game.

Post#4 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:10 pm

Mr driller is one that your girlfriend might like. It's fun, quirky and cartoonish.
I'd recommend powerstone 2 it's brilliant. Zero gunner 2 is highly recommended too but it's very expensive nowadays.
Shenmue 1 & 2.
Virtua Tennis.
Maken X.

Stonerbox
rebel

Post#5 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:41 pm

Hey Khan, I see you threw in a couple for me too, I like that! ^_^

Mr. Diller looks interesting and does not seem to have a countdown timer, a good thing 'cause she hates those. Power Stone, Zero gunner 2 (looks awesome) and Maken X are probably not for her, too much fighting. It is hard finding good ones 'cause kiddie games is not for her and at the same time she's not into aggressive games. However, PaRappa The Rapper, Gitaroo Man and the Katamari games all balance fun with challenge in a perfect way, not just for kids but also for grownups like us.

I'll definitely get my hands on the Shenmue games, someday, when I feel like burning some major cash.

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#6 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:12 pm

Fruit Y is a recently released budget dc game https://www.dragonbox.de/en/343-fruity- ... 50299.html
It's similar to gemx an old Amiga puzzle game

lastcallgames
Vagabond

Post#7 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:57 pm

Toy Commander is a pretty good game.

Charlton
Anarki

Post#8 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:40 am

Stonerbox wrote:Hey Khan, I see you threw in a couple for me too, I like that! ^_^

Mr. Diller looks interesting and does not seem to have a countdown timer, a good thing 'cause she hates those. Power Stone, Zero gunner 2 (looks awesome) and Maken X are probably not for her, too much fighting. It is hard finding good ones 'cause kiddie games is not for her and at the same time she's not into aggressive games. However, PaRappa The Rapper, Gitaroo Man and the Katamari games all balance fun with challenge in a perfect way, not just for kids but also for grownups like us.

I'll definitely get my hands on the Shenmue games, someday, when I feel like burning some major cash.

dude get her space channel 5 it sounds right up her ally and its very fun even for us guys i think.
there is also space channel 5 part 2.

segata sanshiro
Cracked LCD

Post#9 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:32 am

Skies of Arcadia
Samba De Amigo
Dynamite Cop
Soul Calibur
Space Channel 5 Part 2
Mister Driller
Puyo Puyo fever

my wife loves to play these

Stonerbox
rebel

Post#10 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:56 am

You guys are pure awesomeness, all of you! I'll check them out. If you got any other games that I should get a hold of feel free to let me know, I play everything from SHUMPS to RPGs.

Again, thank you!