Recommend me a game.

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
hudsthinking1999
Feet of Fury

Re: Recommend me a game.

Post#11 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:22 pm

I was thinking Space Channel 5, too. Part 2 is quite hard to find for the DC, but it's also on the Dreamcast Collection for the XBox 360.

And I think the PS2.

But those consoles don't matter in this case.
"Sonic was never good, and if you disagree, you can call the cops."

-Some plebs at IGN

shinerbock
fire

Post#12 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:11 pm

I'll toss in another vote for Space Channel 5. My wife and I played that to death back in the day, and it's still fun to play today.

Also, if your girlfriend is any good with a keyboard, I recommend Typing of the Dead - it's tons of fun. You'll want a couple of DC keyboards so you can play together. I find that people who don't know how to type (i.e. they use the ol' "hunt and peck"), though, find it too frustrating.

Shiner

ae.tc
Anarki

Post#13 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:38 am

girls play puzzle bobble of course-
• Sega Mega-Tech • SNK MVS • Sega Naomi 2 • Kaneko AX • Taito F3 ••

krssn
Metallic

Post#14 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:29 pm

Too bad we never got the trance vibrator for DC... :mrgreen:

http://www.giantbomb.com/trance-vibrator/3000-6/

Hmm, modding vibrators for videogame purposes. Might be an untapped goldmine... :lol:

Imagine a horror game where you can feel your heartbeat in the purr-u purr-u device.

The more your character dies, the more the thing starts vibrating.

"No honey, don't take the medikit ! Don't take the medikiiiiit !..."

:lol:

Could get messy if she starts asking you to get torn up by zombies on purpose though...

Caspian
core

Post#15 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:24 pm

Chu-chu rocket can be a lot of fun when played multiplayer. And it is very cheap to buy.

BlueCrab
Developer

Post#16 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:00 pm

Phantasy Star Online is always good, especially if you can get it online. Go for Version 2 of it, simply because there's very little reason to get the original.

Other than that, I'd recommend the following games myself:
Skies of Arcadia
Grandia II
Evolution
Evolution II

Stonerbox
rebel

Post#17 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:09 am

krssn wrote:Too bad we never got the trance vibrator for DC... :mrgreen:

http://www.giantbomb.com/trance-vibrator/3000-6/

Hmm, modding vibrators for videogame purposes. Might be an untapped goldmine... :lol:

Imagine a horror game where you can feel your heartbeat in the purr-u purr-u device.

The more your character dies, the more the thing starts vibrating.

"No honey, don't take the medikit ! Don't take the medikiiiiit !..."

:lol:

Could get messy if she starts asking you to get torn up by zombies on purpose though...

krssn, you dirty dirty man. :lol:

Future Gum
shadow

Post#18 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:52 am

You cant go wrong with Chu Chu rocket! Art style is similarly cutesy to Katamari. Its fun and frantic and really dirt cheap
Game over yeaaaaaaaaaah!

Stonerbox
rebel

Post#19 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:51 am

Future Gum wrote:You cant go wrong with Chu Chu rocket! Art style is similarly cutesy to Katamari. Its fun and frantic and really dirt cheap

Gotta say, it looks pretty weird and awesome!

Future Gum
shadow

Post#20 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:24 pm

Stonerbox wrote:
Future Gum wrote:You cant go wrong with Chu Chu rocket! Art style is similarly cutesy to Katamari. Its fun and frantic and really dirt cheap

Gotta say, it looks pretty weird and awesome!

It is!
Also I know if anyone's mentioned Jet Set Radio, but that's pretty funky. Although I might be controversial and say the sequel on the original xbox is the better game. Basically if she likes weird games, the Dreamcast is the home of weird games. You could also try Seaman or something
Game over yeaaaaaaaaaah!