Traveller - Unreleased Dreamcast game!

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
mjonesgraphics
shadow

Re: Traveller - Unreleased Dreamcast game!

Post#11 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:57 pm

I'm open to some retro game design, and being freelance does offer some freedom in that direction but I also need to pay the bills, so I'm unable to take any lengthy down time creating something that is new and hoping that it pays out in the long term. Which is a shame because ideas are not in short supply :)

And my Powerball ticket never came up.....

Mark

krssn
Metallic

Post#12 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:10 pm

If Völgarr taught me anything, it's that there should be a job opening somewhere for converting LIVE Arcade games to Dreamcast. Like a paid outsourced service for Indie developers or something. I wonder if that would be feasable as a paid job...

androiddreamcast
dirty sailor

Post#13 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:54 pm

krssn wrote:If Völgarr taught me anything, it's that there should be a job opening somewhere for converting LIVE Arcade games to Dreamcast. Like a paid outsourced service for Indie developers or something. I wonder if that would be feasable as a paid job...

agreed that would be awesome

androiddreamcast
dirty sailor

Post#14 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:04 pm

Nice the screenshots do look impressive and like with any other cancelled dreamcast game it leaves me wondering , I see no reason why sega had to cancel it for more sports/action games for the 99 western launch they could have just pushed it back into 2000 smh

mjonesgraphics
shadow

Post#15 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:28 pm

I forget the reason, I was more involved in the art side of things. You get used to getting cancelled. I've been working in game graphics for 30 years now. Most of the stuff I've worked on has never seen the light of day. Would have been a nice title, in my rather biased opinion. Traveller had a pretty good following.

noiseredux
Power Stone

Post#16 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:05 am

krssn wrote:If Völgarr taught me anything, it's that there should be a job opening somewhere for converting LIVE Arcade games to Dreamcast. Like a paid outsourced service for Indie developers or something. I wonder if that would be feasable as a paid job...

that would be awesome.

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#17 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:23 am

Looking forward to seeing the video, models and other bits.

mjonesgraphics
shadow

Post#18 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:27 pm

Quick link to an MP4 file that shows a fly-through of a ship interior. Hope you don't get sea sick...

http://www.mjonesgraphics.com/traveller%20walk.mp4

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#19 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:08 pm

That looks great! Some really nice detail in everything. Now I really want to play it! Can you finish it up and release it? ;)
Last edited by pcwzrd13 on Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#20 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:29 am

Nice. It would have been a pretty game. Thanks for the video.