Dreamcast VGA TV Compatibility List

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Xiden
Developer

Re: Dreamcast VGA TV Compatibility List

Post#31 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:47 pm

Still no difference, no picture appears at all. Its not my main tv anyways so no biggie :)

lastcallgames
Vagabond

Post#32 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:39 am

My Dynex E40ASZNKLWBUXNX (40" 1080p LCD TV) and AOC E-series (the model number is like 20 digits long) (17 or so inch 720 LCD TV) both work fine with the Dreamcast on VGA.

WingMantis
dark night

Post#33 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:46 pm

Toshiba 50L2200U

LED LCD TV w/ PC VGA input, widescreen hack leaves small black bars at L/R edges when in "FULL" mode. Looks great though

EDIT: I was looking at the pic size options for VGA and my TV also has a "Dot by Dot" mode that displays the video at actual size.

There are 3 Theaterwide options that are grayed out. Unfortunate because I was hoping there might be an option that would stretch the video all the way horizontally with a smaller scaling vertically. Then I could use 21:9 widescreen codes for games and have a very sharp though small panoramic experience.
Last edited by WingMantis on Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#34 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:47 am

Compatible:
1. Sanyo DP26649 26" HDTV
2. Venturer PLV76198 19" HDTV

Compatible but with offsetting image/aspect ratio issues:
1. Haier HL22FB1 22" HDTV
2. HiSense F40V87US30 40" HDTV

Not Compatible:
1. Seiki SC322TI 32" HDTV
2. Seiki SE26HQ04 26" HDTV
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

sega dude
undertow

Post#35 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:17 pm

My Sony BRAVIA KDL-32EX400 has a VGA port and it works great with the Dreamcast.

MalditoComm
noob

Post#36 » Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:53 pm

Samsung LS26TDDSUV does not recognize the Dreamcast VGA signal.

The HP M1N96AA will recognize the VGA signal and also offers a couple scaling options (natural aspect ratio works best). When I eventually upgrade my PC monitor setup, I may keep one of these around as a tight lil VGA monitor.

MalditoComm
noob

Post#37 » Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:51 pm

Grey Fox wrote:I can personally confirm the following LCD TV's:

Samsung - LE26R41BX

Sony - KDL-32D3000

Sony - KDL-40W5500

Samsung - SyncMaster 940MW

Samsung - SyncMaster 225MW

LCD Monitor confirmed as working
Dell-UltraSharp 2007FPb

This is a great monitor as it is a 4:3 ratio and has loads of connections and a great picture.

LCD TV Confirmed not working

Sony - KLV-S19A10U

This needs a little clarifying. It does actually work but the display cuts both sides of the picture (no picture settings or aspect ratio will fix it) essentially it feels like it picks up and tries to display as 720 wide or something

If you use a scaler like a Gefen VGA to DVI Plus you can get it to work

Did you have to do anything special to make the 940MW or 225MW detect the VGA cable?