Official Sega Saturn NetLink Guide

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Re: Official Sega Saturn NetLink VOIP Guide - SaturnPi

Post#221 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:04 pm

I remember when you could get them for 30 cad sealed :/ those where the days

Xiden
Developer

Post#222 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:40 pm

Introduced more gamers to Netlink Voiping. All successful connections :). Thinking about starting up a Saturn Saturday regular game night soon.

GGplay
rebel

Post#223 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:01 am

Hey guys, interesting stuff. I dont understand exactly how it works, If you connect with dreampi do you still need the VOIP Adapter? Or can you just connect the Saturn Netlink to the Dreampi ?

Xiden
Developer

Post#224 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:34 am

GGplay wrote:Hey guys, interesting stuff. I dont understand exactly how it works, If you connect with dreampi do you still need the VOIP Adapter? Or can you just connect the Saturn Netlink to the Dreampi ?

Dreampi is just for Surfing the internet / Sending E-mails/ Connecting to NetLink Zone

You'll need the VOIP Adapter to play NetLink games online.

Hopefully we can figure out a Raspberry Pi solution though for Saturn NetLink someday.

nascar241993
lithium

Post#225 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:44 pm

Is the QoS setting mandatory? I just found out that my AT&T U-Verse 5268ac router doesn't have a QoS function.

Xiden
Developer

Post#226 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:45 am

nascar241993 wrote:Is the QoS setting mandatory? I just found out that my AT&T U-Verse 5268ac router doesn't have a QoS function.

no its not manditory. just can help reduce lag. ill update the guide to reflect that

Xiden
Developer

Post#227 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:54 am

itsthinkingstill wrote:

Maybe our resident youtube star itsthinkingstill can make a vid tutorial on Saturn VOIP 8-) 8-) 8-)

nascar241993
lithium

Post#228 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:06 am

Xiden wrote:
nascar241993 wrote:Is the QoS setting mandatory? I just found out that my AT&T U-Verse 5268ac router doesn't have a QoS function.

no its not manditory. just can help reduce lag. ill update the guide to reflect that

Alright. Thank you for the information!

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#229 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:29 pm

Xiden wrote:
itsthinkingstill wrote:

Maybe our resident youtube star itsthinkingstill can make a vid tutorial on Saturn VOIP 8-) 8-) 8-)

Lol might in the Future, have a dreamcast video coming soon. Also might be free this week for a few matches

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#230 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:50 pm

Hey Xiden im starting to plan out a tutorial video and have a quick question, do you need to port forward regardless who is calling/ answering? also if anyone has any saturn era music suggestions for background music im open to them