Official Sega Saturn NetLink Guide

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
MobiusX
undertow

Re: Official Sega Saturn NetLink VOIP Guide - SaturnPi

Post#271 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:07 pm

hawkzer0 wrote:
MobiusX wrote:
hawkzer0 wrote:Im down to clown on some saturn tomorrow! any takers?

When are you down? Xiden and I are playing a few games in an hour.

ill be back from getting groceries in about three hours so anytime after that! :mrgreen:

Xiden and I were never able to get a working connection, but maybe you and I can give it a try. I should have a little time when you're back. I'll PM you my number and shoot me a text if you want to try.

Xiden
Developer

Post#272 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:45 pm

I just ordered a brand new voip ata. I managed to fry mine during testing :( :( :(

fyi beware of unplugging and plugging in too often

MobiusX
undertow

Post#273 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:14 pm

Same connection problems trying to hook up with both Xiden and hawkzer0. The best we could get was to get to the "Answering Phone" screen, then the connection would fail.

I've tried two different routers, and lots of DMZ/port forwarding tweaking. Tried SIP port 5060 and 4000. 4000 never worked for me at all, but 5060 at least got to the Answering Phone screen.

I'm out of ideas.

SEGA RPG FAN
Developer

Post#274 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:52 am

What kind of Internet connection are you using and where are you located? Avoid any type of wireless at all costs. Xiden said he could dial your modem, so it sounds like everything should be setup correctly.
PSO Dreamcast 100% Legit: Eda FOmarl, Automaton HUcast

MobiusX
undertow

Post#275 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:51 am

SEGA RPG FAN wrote:What kind of Internet connection are you using and where are you located? Avoid any type of wireless at all costs. Xiden said he could dial your modem, so it sounds like everything should be setup correctly.

I have a cable connection (Comcast Xfinity) in Chicago.

Both Xiden and hawkzer0 were able to dial me and I'd get to the "Answering Phone" screen before getting a connection error. Same thing happened to hawk when I dialed him.

Xiden
Developer

Post#276 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:17 am

MobiusX wrote:
SEGA RPG FAN wrote:What kind of Internet connection are you using and where are you located? Avoid any type of wireless at all costs. Xiden said he could dial your modem, so it sounds like everything should be setup correctly.

I have a cable connection (Comcast Xfinity) in Chicago.

Both Xiden and hawkzer0 were able to dial me and I'd get to the "Answering Phone" screen before getting a connection error. Same thing happened to hawk when I dialed him.

I'll need to ping your IP and see what kind of latency you have. You are way closer in proximity than most people I've played with I'd think we'd have a more solid connection.

MobiusX
undertow

Post#277 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:30 pm

If anyone wants to try to connect for a game sometime this week, let me know. I got a couple more configuration tips from Xiden et. al., so I'd like to give it another shot!

TheSlider1995
rebel

Post#278 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:47 pm

Hey everyone, my Netlink finally came in the mail today! im gonna set everything up tonight, I should be free thursday for some games

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

MobiusX
undertow

Post#279 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:36 pm

TheSlider1995 wrote:Hey everyone, my Netlink finally came in the mail today! im gonna set everything up tonight, I should be free thursday for some games

I could give a game a try late Thursday night (around 10:30 Central), if that works for you. But like I said above, I'm still trying to figure out my connection, so no guarantees we'd actually get a game in!

TheSlider1995
rebel

Re: RE: Re: Official Sega Saturn NetLink VOIP Guide - SaturnPi

Post#280 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:02 pm

MobiusX wrote:
TheSlider1995 wrote:Hey everyone, my Netlink finally came in the mail today! im gonna set everything up tonight, I should be free thursday for some games

I could give a game a try late Thursday night (around 10:30 Central), if that works for you. But like I said above, I'm still trying to figure out my connection, so no guarantees we'd actually get a game in!
I actually might have band practice thursday night but idk yet, I get off work today at 10pm EST, so thats 9 pm Central right? so im free tonight after that if you wanted to try tonight, and Im still trying to figure out the connection too, I had to port forward my voip so hopefully I did it right, honestly I know very little about networking stuff, anyway, if we can get somethimg going, what game do you want to play?