Official Sega Saturn NetLink Guide

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Re: Official Sega Saturn NetLink VOIP Guide - SaturnPi

Post#161 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:37 pm

SEGA RPG FAN wrote:Awesome, I'm glad you were able to record that.

With the extra VOIP latency the games try to slow down slightly to stay in sync so it can be a little weird at first if you're used to the normal single player experience.

Yeah especially if you are really use to it normally, at the end of sega rally i was getting the hang of it, thanks again!

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#162 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:11 pm

Hey Xiden, Sega Rpg fan. If one of you guys want to do a round of virtual on or bomberman this Friday im available

Xiden
Developer

Post#163 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:46 pm

itsthinkingstill wrote:Hey Xiden, Sega Rpg fan. If one of you guys want to do a round of virtual on or bomberman this Friday im available

Im still unboxing, setting up stuff from my move. I may not have anything set back up til next week. Hopefully sooner tho

SEGA RPG FAN
Developer

Post#164 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:59 pm

I should be around, would love to play
PSO Dreamcast 100% Legit: Eda FOmarl, Automaton HUcast

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#165 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:44 am

SEGA RPG FAN wrote:I should be around, would love to play

Sounds like a plan

Xiden
Developer

Post#166 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:14 pm

itsthinkingstill wrote:
SEGA RPG FAN wrote:I should be around, would love to play

Sounds like a plan

you guys should record your matches for those games too :D

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#167 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:43 pm

im on it!

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#168 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:33 pm

Thanks again!, a video should be up tomorrow, virtual on although laggy was a lot of fun! and while i love bomberman i hate to say it but it was so choppy on my end it really wasent a whole lot of fun compare to the others

SEGA RPG FAN
Developer

Post#169 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:38 pm

itsthinkingstill wrote:Thanks again!, a video should be up tomorrow, virtual on although laggy was a lot of fun! and while i love bomberman i hate to say it but it was so choppy on my end it really wasent a whole lot of fun compare to the others

Thanks! Virtual on can get a little better than we had tonight depending on latency. After a number of bomberman matches, yeah I think it can get a little too choppy. I still think Rally and Daytona play exceptionally well once you get used to the slow down. I'm going to see if I can get some decent ghost files for Manx TT. We should try to get a ghost exchange going. Some kind of leaderboard would be fun too. I like my Saturn too much :P
PSO Dreamcast 100% Legit: Eda FOmarl, Automaton HUcast

Xiden
Developer

Post#170 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:44 am

Something you guys might try is rtp 0.030 for bomberman.. when me and hawk did it the lag was nearly gone lol. Its strange... maybe there are other things we can tweak? Have you tried compressed header? Do you guys other voip adapters would perform better?
Last edited by Xiden on Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.