Currently in talks to financially sponsor select indie devs

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
DCGX
Vagabond

Re: Currently in talks to financially sponsor select indie devs

Post#11 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:17 am

MrMaxxSand wrote:
Anthony817 wrote:Oh wow, she posted an update not a month back on their blog!

http://tdgmods.blogspot.com/

There is a link to their forums. She normally replies to any comments or questions people post on there so have at it.

Really excited to hear about their update they are planning.

Just a quick update: I made contact with Corbin. We had a nice chat and came to an agreement for some funding for Hypertension. Cannot disclose any specifics but definitely all positives

Nice!

MrMaxxSand
lithium

Post#12 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:37 pm

Update: I am now financially sponsoring several games and in talks with devs both small and AAA atm.

some of the games I am investing into:

Hypertension: Harmony of Darkness

"In Line Of Fire" Info: brand new announced fully 3d first person shooter being made. for more info check Segabits or YouTube

As with before I cannot disclose specifics, but I think that should be enough info anyways.

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#13 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:11 pm

This is awesome that you are doing this!!!

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#14 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:36 pm

I'll have to back line of fire if they go crowdfunding - harmony of darkness should be ace too.

MrMaxxSand
lithium

Post#15 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:37 pm

The guys from In The Line of Fire want to hold off on a kickstarter...

The team behind Hypertension, that is Isotope Softworks already have a deal with GOAT Store Publishing.

As a tiny update I may be featured in a interview on The Dreamcast Junkyard

wrathofkhan
fire

Post#16 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:35 am

So are you exclusively funding in the line of fire or is a crowdfunding initiative on the go? They are aiming for 45,000 dollars. I wonder can the dc community support such a figure in terms of numbers and backers etc.
Whatever happens Im in.

MrMaxxSand
lithium

Post#17 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:21 pm

wrathofkhan wrote:So are you exclusively funding in the line of fire or is a crowdfunding initiative on the go? They are aiming for 45,000 dollars. I wonder can the dc community support such a figure in terms of numbers and backers etc.
Whatever happens Im in.

I am providing private fundind for the game separate from any kickstarter initiative or any other type of crowed funding. That is all I can say as I do not disclose specifics about deals made with devs

SirNyan
dark night

Post#18 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:20 am

MrMaxxSand wrote:Update: I am now financially sponsoring several games and in talks with devs both small and AAA atm.

"In Line Of Fire" Info: brand new announced fully 3d first person shooter being made. for more info check Segabits or YouTube

As with before I cannot disclose specifics, but I think that should be enough info anyways.

Hey MrMaxxSand, does Militia Studio have any kind of website or social media? I've been looking, but haven't found any sign of anything.

I think it's really cool what your doing. Your kind of on the opposite end of the industry from me though. I co-own The Bit Station, so I usually work with developers/publishers once their games become commercially available or are close to release.
Looking for awesome Independent Dreamcast games? Visit The Bit Station at www.thebitstationgames.com!

MrMaxxSand
lithium

Post#19 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:31 pm

SirNyan wrote:
MrMaxxSand wrote:Update: I am now financially sponsoring several games and in talks with devs both small and AAA atm.

Hey MrMaxxSand, does Militia Studio have any kind of website or social media? I've been looking, but haven't found any sign of anything.

I think it's really cool what your doing. Your kind of on the opposite end of the industry from me though. I co-own The Bit Station, so I usually work with developers/publishers once their games become commercially available or are close to release.

They have a YT channel but it's not called Militia Studios. The name was chosen fairly recently.

Oh. cool. I wouldn't call that the opposite end of the industry. Just a different part. We both want to help devs make there games a success and we both want the DC Scene to thrive. However I trying to get the message out about what I am doing, so if your interested in running an article let me know

SirNyan
dark night

Post#20 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:28 pm

MrMaxxSand wrote:
SirNyan wrote:

They have a YT channel but it's not called Militia Studios. The name was chosen fairly recently.

Oh. cool. I wouldn't call that the opposite end of the industry. Just a different part. We both want to help devs make there games a success and we both want the DC Scene to thrive. However I trying to get the message out about what I am doing, so if your interested in running an article let me know

I will definitely keep you in mind if we talk to any developers or inspiring developers that are in need of financial support. We really don't have anywhere connected to our company to post an article about what your doing. The blog that we have is reserved specifically for company and product news. Like I stated previously, I think what your doing is great and I look forward to hopefully stocking some of these games on our site in the future.
Looking for awesome Independent Dreamcast games? Visit The Bit Station at www.thebitstationgames.com!