USB Powered Lvi Modems Sale 10% Off!

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
TacT
Uber

Re: USB Powered Built in Lvi Modem

Post#31 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:19 pm

Lookin good ;)

it's still thinking.

TacT
Uber

Post#32 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:43 pm

Glad to see more and more people ordering modems! XD I'm trying to keep up with it

it's still thinking.

UglyGoblinBoy
rebel

Post#33 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:19 pm

Did you have a problem with Amperage? I tried the exact same thing, and it worked for about 30min then started to give out.

UglyGoblinBoy
rebel

Post#34 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:03 pm

Any chance I can be added to the waiting list?

TacT
Uber

Post#35 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:28 pm

what started to "give out" I dont get what you mean I never had a problem.
PM me if you want a modem

it's still thinking.

lerabot
blackout!

Post#36 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:31 pm

I've received mine last week and played for like an hour on PSO without any problem. Also did a bunch of test on browsers, AFo, and Starlancer.

Worked 100% :D
Indie Game Studio

TacT
Uber

Re: USB Powered Lvi Modem For Sale

Post#37 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:44 pm

Awesome lerabot! I'm glad you got it works great hope it lasts for a lifetime =D

it's still thinking.

Xerxes3rd
fire

Post#38 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:37 am

Quick question- why is there separate power for the LVI? Can it not be powered off the 5v coming in to the adapter from the main USB line?

TacT
Uber

Post#39 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:15 pm

Xerxes3rd wrote:Quick question- why is there separate power for the LVI? Can it not be powered off the 5v coming in to the adapter from the main USB line?

The other plug converts 5v to 9v dc for the lvi , Sure I could put the 9v converter board Into the modem case itself, but wiring it would be so much more work and having another plug was much easier. It would be too costly I would have to charge more in labor alone XD

it's still thinking.

Xerxes3rd
fire

Post#40 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:59 pm

Awesome, thanks! I ask because I'm planning to just put the 5v->9v buck converter into the case, power it from the 5v line, then connect the cap in-line with one of the pins on the phone line pair.